Responsible for delivering effective and efficient training analysis, design, development and delivery of training solutions covering aircraft Avionic systems, Electrical, Instrument, Radio and Radar, including Workshop and flight line Practices, to meet the customer’s needs and requirements of the TSI.
A City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance (Military Aircraft Avionics) or equivalent in the Aircraft Avionics discipline.
English Language ability to IELTS 6.0 or equivalent achieved for non-native speakers.
Graduate of an advanced military trade school or an EASA Part 147 training establishment and have practical experience across the full range of aircraft Avionics systems.
A recognised formal instructor qualification with teaching/instructional experience.
Familiarity with a Defence College of Aeronautical Engineering (DCAE) Cosford Syllabus is desirable.
The ability to deliver course material in clear and appropriately graded English is essential.
The job-holder will be responsible for planning and co-ordinating the necessary technical information as required to support the delivery of the course materials and ensuring that they are delivered in accordance with current documents and procedures.
The job-holder is required to maintain class and individual student records. Such records may include, but are not limited to, academic progress, conduct and attendance.
Weekly and end-of-phase training reports are routinely prepared for each class.
Other training reports as required by the Customer.
The job-holder will monitor cadet exam results, cadet absences and other such data where necessary to assist with cadet administration.
- Direct and lead specialist training functions and conduct specialist training in support of TSI.
- Ensure the general welfare of students in assigned areas during training activities and monitor their performance so that each individual achieves maximum progress towards the training objectives
- Carry out analysis, design, production, development and delivery of new and existing training courses, ensuring they are aligned to meet the customer’s needs in terms of time, cost and specification. Research, write and validate advanced training notes Deliver/Supervise practical based OJT / training consolidation.
- Provide specialist training inputs as a subject matter expert to the bidding process in response to customer enquiries and training proposals.
- Specify, design and develop appropriate and effective training aids – including computer aided instruction and advanced desktop training systems – to ensure course delivery within TSI, the customers’ training facilities, or in line with contractual deliverables
- Produce training support materials – including curriculum, training objectives, syllabuses, course plans, and assessment and evaluation methods - to satisfy customers’ training requirements
- Maintain and review the required levels of technical expertise to ensure compatibility with technical advances and in line with current and developing needs.
- Conduct cadet assessment and evaluation exercises and implement remedial action as required.
- Plan, control and deliver assigned courses, and contribute support to cross-discipline courses/investigations, ensuring requirements are delivered to plan.
- To counsel students with regard to their academic performance or behaviour as required.
- To maintain classroom procedures as published in the TSI. Such procedures will include the maintenance of discipline
- To keep abreast of developments in his subject and be willing to attend staff development courses as required by the RSAF or Company
- Detailed understanding of the design and operation of complex and integrated systems, enabling theoretical and practical applications to be utilised in both training and operational environments (e.g. sufficient to teach detailed maintenance procedure, fault diagnosis and defect rectification)
- Operation of complex training aids and simulators
- Supervisory ability within an operational training environment
- Sound business awareness. Good interpersonal skills to be able to teach specialist skills and knowledge across a range of cultures, status, intellect and technical ability
- Well motivated, adaptable and flexible to enable the job holder to operate in a highly complex technical environment, where the integration of a wide range of skills is necessary to ensure the prime objectives are met, with the minimum of supervision
- Understands what is required to meet internal and external customer requirements
- Strong analytical skills; good knowledge of relevant analytical techniques
- Able to apply relevant internal and external processes and procedures for self and others
- Detailed knowledge in the operation and use of IT systems to support relevant systems (computer aided instruction, desktop publishing, databases, training development software)
- Well-developed planning and organising skills to meet the precise timings required by training programmes and programme plans.
- Identify and work to achieve meaningful and practical objectives in the course of duties that reflect and satisfy the overall needs of the section and wider business.
- Understand and strive to exceed the expectations of internal/external Customers and stakeholders.
- Understand how the business performs, its operating procedures and deliverables, in order to achieve objectives associated with the role
- Two-way communication through sharing of information as appropriate and listening to other parties views and expectations
- Support, co-operate with, and work with others in order to achieve common goals and objectives
- Adopt a flexible and creative approach to problem solving, applying this to achieve practical solutions in the course of duties
- Adopt a pro-active and flexible approach to duties of the role and the needs of the wider business
- Undertake all mandatory and developmental training as deemed appropriate by the business
- Subscribe to and actively participate in the PDR process
- Strive to adhere to acceptable standards of behaviour and performance as expected by the business and defined in Company policy
Any other duties as deemed reasonable and appropriate by the business
This position offers the chance to continue to use your hard earned skills to secure a rewarding lifestyle for you and your family. Together with a competitive salary you will enjoy a considerable range of benefits including rent-free accommodation. Free health care in Kingdom is also provided together with an exceptional range of leisure facilities. Moreover, Saudi Arabia stands at one of the world's crossroads providing the opportunity of a lifetime to use your generous leave and flight allowances to explore new horizons.
All appointments in Saudi Arabia are subject to receipt of all necessary Government and/or Customer approvals.