6 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare Life Sciences
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
The Inside Sales Specialist will be part of the Commercial Excellence organization within GE Healthcare Life Sciences. Focus will be on rapidly responding to in-bound customer inquiries, providing our customer with a first-in-class experience with GEHC, and assisting field sales peers in meeting customer needs. Additional focus will be on generating revenue through multiple and evolving business initiatives and projects. Pro-active initiation of customer contact by telephone and/or email.
* Rapidly respond to leads captured on the web or inbound on the phone. Contact customer, assess needs, provide information &/or quote as required, involve the field sales team as needs dictate.
* Track customer facing activities within CRM (SFDC) with high degree of rigor and accuracy.
* Work as integral team member with Pre-sales peers, field sales team and leadership in serving customer needs, driving campaigns and growing the business.
* Maintain and develop knowledge of the Life Sciences portfolios (Bioprocess, Genomics and Cellular Research and Cell Therapy).
* Initiate sales calls to the assigned customer-segment via telephone contact, supported by direct marketing where applicable, and field visits.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in science, marketing, business administration or related field or equivalent knowledge & experience
* Willingness and ability to travel overnight approximately 10%
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while balancing multiple priorities
* Digitally fluent, willing & able to learn new software platforms
* Ability to work independently (self-starter) as well as in a team environment
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Prior experience in Life Sciences sales and/or Customer Service
* Familiarity with GEHC Life Sciences products
* Willingness to flex to related commercial excellence projects as business needs arise
* Great attention to detail
* Ability to analyze and interpret sales data
* Prior experience within SFDC, QlikSense
* Aptitude to adopt new digital tools
* Emotional Intelligence
* French language skills would be desirable
Locations: United Kingdom; Amersham
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.