Assystem are currently looking to recruit a Life Cycle Cost Reduction Engineer to work closely with our client a class leading worldwide Aero Engine manufacturer in order to provide Cost Reduction opportunities across their Civil Large Engine fleet.
As a Life Cycle Cost Reduction Engineer within our busy Gas Turbines division the successful candidate will join a highly skilled and varied team of Engineers who are responsible for providing our customer with Cost Reduction opportunities across their fleet of Civil Large Aero Engines. The opportunities can be generated in a variety of ways typically through component damage/wear acceptance limit relaxations component life extensions process improvements and commercial renegotiations. The successful candidate will gather and analyse data utilising customer databases assess the feasibility through liaison with specialists and external suppliers before developing solid cost reduction business cases using existing processes and then lead the implementation of the cost saving opportunity through a gated process.
Ideally the successful candidate will have a broad understanding of Gas Turbine engines and be able to understand engineering terminology and data with commercial awareness being highly desirable. The role is primarily office based in Derby or Bristol but may include frequent visits to our clients main sites across Derby.
• Good understanding of Gas Turbine technology
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Logical problem solving skills
• Flexibility to respond to changing demands
• Self disciplined and motivated
• Good MS Excel/Access/PowerPoint skills
• Operational experience of Gas Turbine engines
• Commercial experience particularly in development of business cases
• Military or Civil aircraft experience
• Aerospace / Mechanical / Scientific / Business degree or substantial relevant experience