Line Up Aviation is a world leader in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace professionals and has been operating for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best known companies who demand the very highest standard of applicants.
Main activities: HR CONSULTANT
The HR Consultant provides dedicated HR generalist advice and guidance to specific client groups, for which they will be the primary focal point. The role reports to a HR Business Partner and works closely with them in supporting the translation of strategic plans into Group People Plans and supporting the subsequent delivery of those plans. Working within Corporate Policies and in close liaison with HR colleagues (Learning & Talent Development, Recruitment, Reward and Employee Relations) the role also provides professional business enabling HR services so that line managers have the support and guidance they need.
The role requires an experienced, customer centric and hands-on HR Consultant with a track record of building trusted working relationships with leaders and managers and in applying HR policies in business-enabling ways. The HR Consultant will:
- Support the HR Business Partners in developing Group People Plans that deliver the strategic goals.
- Support the HR Business Partners in implementing changes that deliver business area strategy, benefits and business plans
- Partner with the Management Teams within their client groups on the delivery of tactical HR activities and the daily business agenda.
- Provide business enabling HR services so that line managers have the support and guidance they need.
Coach, advise and guide managers in case management including grievance, discipline and attendance, performance ensuring the overall best interests are achieved and risks appropriately managed, referring to the HRBP and/or ER Manager only where necessary
- Facilitate with their client groups the roll-out of new corporate initiatives or in support specific HR activities, such as succession planning, colleague engagement action planning, pay reviews.
- Contribute to the delivery of key HR strategic priorities and the development of HR policies to meet business needs, new legislative requirements and best practice.
- Be a strong advocate for HR and act as a strong conduit between the Group and specialist HR colleagues, to continually improve HR's service proposition.
Ideal candidate's profile:
- Proven HR Adviser or Consultant with experience in working in a climate of transformation delivering corporate priorities in support of customer groups, ideally with a professional level of qualification in HR (CIPD).
- Exposure to a professional services or similar high intellect environment and/or supporting a client base of more technically orientated individuals would be an advantage.
- Broad and detailed understanding of employment matters, employment legislation and its practical application in modern, changing work environments.
- Previous experience of delivering practical people plans for a specific client groups, developing strong peer relationships with centres of expertise and shared services, to deliver a seamless HR service proposition.
- Strong inner-drive, enthusiasm and resilience with the ability to demonstrate personal and professional credibility rapidly through building relationships and proving technical HR competence in a professional environment.
- Attention to detail, ability to work to deadlines with well-developed planning and organising skills.
- High level communication skills with a pro-active and consultative approach.
- Must be flexible to travel between the Gatwick and London offices.
- Based: Gatwick
- Salary: Neg
- Job type: Contract - 3 months poss longer
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Julie Hall
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!"
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency