Line Up Aviation is a world leader in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace professionals and has been operating for more than 28 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the very highest standard of applicants.
Our Client an OEM is a global pioneer providing innovative, effective space and defence solutions and services worldwide.
Main activities: Human Resources Business PArtner - Leicester or Guildford
Ensure the design and implementation of HR policies and negotiation with the unions/works council in all HR areas such as Employment, Competence Management, Learning, Compensation & Benefits, Culture Change, and Talent & Executive Management. Deliver consistent implementation of processes and tools. Measure HR process performance and take improvement actions. Consult in cases with high expertise need. Interface to local unions/work council.
Oversee the recruitment process, liaising closely with Clients Employment Operations
, contractor agencyand recruiting managers to ensure the process is running smoothly and vacancies are filled taking in to account time and cost restrictions. Ensuring roles are filled in line with requirements.
• Making job offers and raising the relevant paperwork using the internal system. Ensuring
candidates are security cleared in line with Clients Security policy and confirming start dates. Carrying out inductions with new-joins and ensuring managers and employees are supported in the ongoing integration process.
• Develop close working relationships with Managers and employees to ensure that HR services are
integrated to meet operational needs and being a point of guidance and support for any queries
related to HR services.
• Informal line management of 2 staff in the Leicester office (General Admin Support and Facilities
Manager). Ensuring effective management of both staff and providing the relevant guidance and
support. Also carrying out performance appraisals and reviews.
• Providing monthly headcount figures to MD, Deputy MD and Finance Manager ensuring accurate
capturing of data related to starters, leavers and mobility cases.
• Liaising with Clients Group Personnel Services on all payroll, HR admin and International
Mobility related matters.
• Attending the weekly Business Review meetings as HR focal point disseminating relevant
business information related to Group HR initiatives and answering any queries.
Attending the weekly transnational HR calls and linking in to colleagues within France and
Germany to discuss HR objectives/projects within our business.
• Provide HR advice to managers, especially on people issues related to business
improvements, change programmes and complex employee relations cases.
• Looking at internal training needs of the business and liaising with management to ensure
relevance of courses to meet strategic and business requirements. Liaising with the training
coordinator to ensure scheduling of courses and measuring the impact of the courses following the
• Ensure the impact of employment legislation is identified and that employment practices and
performance management interventions comply with any statutory requirements/best practice.
• Provide advice and input into the development of HR employment policies and procedures.
• Ensure consistent and fair application of policy in dealing with employee relations, including
effective management of performance, grievance and disciplinary matters.
• Work with Line Managers to develop staff, coaching and mentoring as and when appropriate,
and facilitate leadership teams to enable individual and team development for delivery.
• Provide leadership development, identifying high performers with a view to future leadership,
and feed into performance assessment reviews, and monitor these to ensure consistency across the
· Travel to other sites (1-2 days/ week)
Ideal candidate’s profile:
CIPD or equivalent experience within a Human Resources Function
Based: Leicester or Guildford
Salary: £18 p.hr
Job type: Contract 12 months
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Julie Hall
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency