Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Role: Head of MRO
Location: West Sussex
Our client is a global provider of aircraft component services. They now require a Head of MRO on a permanent basis.
Purpose of the Job:
- Overall accountability for the MRO Operations
- Providing strategic direction for all MRO Operational activity, complex operational issues and customer requirements
- Delivering strategic plans in the context of MRO Operations
- Leading continuous improvement in MRO Operations
- Accountable for the delivery of MRO Operations against budget
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use scenario planning and other contemporary methods to drive market leadership and stay ahead of the competition.
- Partner with external stakeholders to shape future outcomes and create mutually beneficial solutions.
- Responsible for achieving business profit, productivity, safety, and quality goals
- Communicate with customers to ensure that all commitments are met or exceeded, working with them as well as functional leaders, and internal staff to meet production and product support requirements
- Drive the financial performance of MRO Operations to maximize cost reduction and productivity opportunities.
- Develop and track the MRO Operations budget
- Champion continuous improvement throughout MRO Operations to maximize improvement activities and opportunities. Direct process / product improvement programs and provide process method excellence
- Provide overall MRO Operations leadership in the achievement of goals with respect to Quality, Production, Manpower and Compliance
- Provide leadership in the areas of staff selection, training and development, process, and procedure implementation
- Lead and coach MRO Managers and Team Leaders, guiding them in current positions and assisting with career development and training
- Work across organisational boundaries and development of strong internal stakeholder relationships to deliver best in class MRO Operations
- Partner with all Internal Stakeholders to achieve implementation of all contracted business
- Development and business leadership of MRO Operations IT requirements and future developments
- Is current on important trends for aircraft component MRO Operations (economic, political, environmental, regulatory, competitive, etc.) and integrates knowledge into plans/actions. Champion bold and innovative ideas intended to create breakthrough solutions.
- Demonstrable and proven operations leadership in a fast paced high volume transaction business
- Hold an aeronautical engineering degree level qualification
- Excellent management & interpersonal skills
- Sound business system IT knowledge
- Excellent commercial knowledge
- Sound negotiation skills
- Strong Team focus and a passion for developing team members
- Strong focus on the development of internal and external relationships
- A tenacious drive for cost reduction
- A process and change management champion
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Carla Olliver at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency