Head of Flight Operations - Expired Jobs
This job expired on 03-04-2012
Browse Aviation Job Search by Region
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Flight Operations Auditor 8 days ago
In support of our fleet of 30 plus VVIP aircraft and aligned to our on-going development plans we are looking to recruit a Flight Ops Auditor based at Oxford Airport in the UK. Reporting directly t...
Flight Operations Manager about 1 month ago
Platinum 21 is currently looking for a Flight Operations Manager to be based in Europe The Flight Operations Manager will be responsible for the flight crew including administration and training, ...
Safety Manager of Flight Operations 6 days ago
Zenon are currently assisting an established airline in recruiting a Safety Manager of Flight Operations based in North Africa. Reporting directly to the Flight Operations Director, this non-flying...
Director of Flight Operations 13 days ago
Platinum 21 Recruitment is currently looking for a Director of Flight Operations based in the Middle East working on a permanent basis. Candidates must have: Strong JAA/FAA/ICAO regulatory know...
Direct Reports: Chief Pilot, Head of Training, Technical Pilot, Standards
Pilot, Flight Operations Technical Officer
The Head of Flight Operations has responsibility for all Company Flight
The Head Flight Operations has the overall responsibility of ensuring safe,
Efficient, economic and effective operations of the company's aircraft fleet.
The HFO is also responsible for the overall management and administration
Of the Flight Operations Department and its staff.
Accountability for ensuring compliance throughout the Flight Operations
Department, with the Airlines procedures and standards, as published,
Together with the requirements of the Company AOC, the DGCA and other
Accountability for ensuring operations are provided with the necessary
Resource and conducted in accordance with the standards mentioned
Details of responsibilities include but are not limited to;
1. Development and maintenance of a professional relationship with the
DGCA. To liaise with the Authority in all Flight Operations matters
Affecting the AOC.
2. To maintain an adequate Flight Operations departmental Quality
Assurance system. Actively implement and support the Airlines
Safety Management System.
3. To ensure effective man management, discipline, development and
motivation of flight deck crew, ensuring performance to the highest
standards of flight safety and passenger care. Exercising, in compliance
with DGCA regulations, the final authority for flight crew selection,
promotion, upgrading or any other disciplinary reviews or actions within
the flight operations department.
4. To ensure the efficient operation and execution of the Company flying
Commitments are in accordance with the statutory requirements
Force. This will include the responsibility for the adequacy and currency
of flight crews.
5. To identify the necessary resources required to meet the planned flying
Program, including implementing and managing the pilot recruitment
6. Setting and approving Company operational policy, Standard Operating
Procedures and flight training programs, through the Head of Training,
including mandatory checks and recurrent training.
7. To consult with the Chief Pilot and the Head of Training concerning the
appointment of Company Training Staff.
8. Supervision and compliance with the DGCA Flight Time Limitations scheme,
as approved for the Company. Also responsible for final interpretation of
the scheme where confusion exists.
9. Dissemination of information to aircrew on matters concerning Flight
Safety in consultation with the Head of Safety, Quality and Security.
10. To monitor and suggest changes to Company procedures and policy,
to maintain and improve operational efficiency.
11. Ensuring that crew records are maintained for the records of the validity
of said Licenses, ratings, qualifications, competency, experience, training,
checking and recency for Flight Crew.
12. To ensure flight crew follow approved Standard Operating Procedures
(SOPs) and do not operate an aircraft in a reckless manner to endanger
life or property and comply with all aspects of aircraft performance and
13. Recruitment, development and training of qualified and professional
personnel in the Flight Operations department.
14. Maintain knowledge of current rules and regulations, policies and procedures
for the operation of aircraft.
15. Accountable for the approval, editorial control and revision of the Company
Operations Manual (COM), Route Manual (RM), Performance Manual (PM)
and terminal and route data, instrument approach procedures and weather
minima, excepting those manuals associated with Training, Security and Safety.
16. Responsible for Flight Operations Department budget. Review and evaluate
the operating costs of the department to ensure that cost effectiveness is
achieved. Ensuring the Flight Operations Department operates efficiently
to achieve the Airlines commercial plan without compromising safety.
17. To author and approve Operations Notices applicable to Flight Operations.
18. To ensure an up to date and readily accessible Reference Library is available
for Management Staff, Flight Crew and Cabin Crew. The library must include all
Operational documents (Operations Manual Suite, Aircraft Minimum Equipment
List, and Route Manual).
19. Planning and chairing scheduled or non-scheduled flight operations department
20. Liaison with other Airlines departments whenever there is a need or it is advisable
to do so in relation to operations safety relate matters.
21. Produce reports and keep up to date statistical data concerning Flight Operations.
22. To monitor, respond to and effectively manage, ensuring prompt closure, issues
raised by Voyage Reports, liaising with other Company departments as required.
23. To liaise with aircraft manufactures on matters associated with operational procedures.
24. To distribute Authority promulgated circulars and information to all departments.