about 1 month ago
Head of Financial Planning and Controlling
Head of Financial Planning and Controlling
(Based in Geneva)
Purpose of the position:
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, and working closely with the top leadership team and division heads, the Head of Financial Planning & Controlling provides financial leadership and oversight of core financial functions including budgeting, financial planning, forecasting, financial analysis (both recurring and ad hoc), and overall cost avoidance/cost control.
The Head of Financial Planning & Controlling drives shareholder value creation, ensuring the avoidance, management, and reduction of cost in all facets of the business. Ensures control overall aspects of the commercial or revenue functions at the company.
* Oversee several core financial functions at the company including:
* financial planning;
* financial analysis, both recurring and ad-hoc;
* overall cost avoidance/cost control.
* Ensure a zealous and unrelenting focus on cost avoidance and cost control. Drive and instill a strong focus on cost avoidance and cost control across the company.
* Provide strong and effective control of the commercial aspects of the business including pricing and revenue management, network decisions (e.g., new routes, new bases, aircraft deployments), and ancillary revenue streams.
* Prepare, coordinate, and present the airline’s budgets and financial plans to the top leadership team and the board of directors for approval.
* Develop and maintain appropriate policies and procedures which ensure that cost budgets are rigorously adhered to and that resources are utilized carefully across the company.
* Ensure that Wizz puts in place, and maintains, effective financial controls, processes, and management information systems for financial planning and analysis and cost control.
* Oversee and manage ongoing financial performance against budgets and plans, on a quarterly, monthly, weekly and daily basis. Participate in monthly meetings and business reviews with functional and departmental leaders.
* Analyze, interpret, and take action based on the analysis of financial results.
* Support major corporate decision-making (e.g., new market entry, fleet acquisition, fleet deployment, all major capital investments), with rigorous ad-hoc financial analysis.
* Serve as a key liaison with key internal division heads, primarily those in operations and revenue generating functions.
* Provide strong, visible and inspired leadership to all employees under his/her direction, promoting and maintaining strong employee morale.
* Function as a business partner to the Chief Financial Officer and other leaders in the organization, developing and implementing initiatives to control costs.
* Serve as a member of the finance leadership team at the airline.
* An undergraduate degree in finance/accounting, business, economics or other relevant domain, ideally complemented by a Master of Business Administration.
* At least 10 years’ experience in the global airline industry, with a firm grasp of airline cost and revenue economics.
* Direct experience with the low-cost carrier business model and, moreover, ideally with the ultra-low-cost-carrier business model. Has the buy-in and understanding of the Wizz Air business model through experience of limited resources, outsourced model, and focus on cost management and efficiency.
* Minimum 5 years’ experience as the leader of a finance department at a low-cost airline responsible for financial planning & analysis.
* Brings functional depth in relevant finance domains with specific focus on financial planning and analysis, budgeting and forecasting, and cost avoidance/cost control.
* Brings experience working with organizations that have, by their very nature, adopted a rigorous focus on cost avoidance.
* Has served in roles focused on cost avoidance and cost control, with a demonstrated track record of working collaboratively with division heads to manage costs.
* Outstanding leadership abilities; a track record of building strong teams, developing people, and leading/influencing through others in a performance-driven culture.
* Experience serving in roles that have required him or her to represent the organization at senior levels with a variety of internal and external constituent groups.
* Excellent presentation and communication skills and the cultural sensitivity to work well across a variety of settings.
* A strong international background with an ability to work effectively across different organizational cultures. Brings multi-site, multi-cultural, and international exposure.
* Demonstrated experience managing a financial team including structure, staff, financial processes, and financial systems so as to support the ongoing growth of a business.
* Willing and able to travel on a regular basis between Budapest and the corporate office in Geneva and the airline’s operating bases.