Harrods Aviation is a widely recognised leading company in the General (Private) Aviation industry. We are committed to employing the very best individuals who can demonstrate and deliver the very highest level of customer service.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Hangar Supervisor, to control all aspects of aircraft scheduled and unscheduled maintenance through the delegation of tasks to the Engineering team. This will be done in conjunction with the Technical Services Department and the Technical Director or Base Maintenance Manager.
The ideal candidate will hold approval type ratings on the following aircrafts:
S76, S92, H155 & AW139
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Supervisors post is responsible for the control and standards of performance of the maintenance department and will be responsible for the day to day administrative disciplines the staff. Responsible for overseeing the work on both aircraft and in the support departments and for ensuring that the stores procedures are adhered to providing timely and approved spares for support of the maintenance activity.
The post is a hand’s on role and will require that the incumbent actively takes part in the aircraft maintenance.
The Supervisor will ensure that any enquiries from customers are managed through to completion providing regular feedback acting when necessary as first point of contact.
In addition to the maintenance aspects of the job, the Supervisor will also have an administration function and is responsible for the following:
- The control of lieu time and over time.
- Audits of the Hangar and Facilities in accordance with Company Procedures.
- Will meet weekly with the Base Maintenance Manager and provide a detailed weekly report (verbal).
- To allocate engineering staff to cover line maintenance services activities in out-of-hours circumstances to contracted customers. Will actively support in the respect with coverage and presence.
- Assist with planning scheduled maintenance.
- Ensure that the aircraft documentation is completed in accordance with the company procedures.
- Ensure the hangar line handover and base maintenance handover books are completed daily.
- Ensure the engineer shift and duty weekend roster is kept updated.
- Control and discipline of the staff. Any requirement to take formal measures must be done in conjunction with the Base Maintenance Manager.
- Ensure that the staff adhere to their contracted working hours and start times
- Inspire and lead the staff ensuring they are motivated and encouraged to full satisfy their responsibilities.
- Participate in the engineering duty weekend shift roster.
- Ensure the effective completion of any delegated tasks.
- Ensure there is sufficient staff of the correct trade for certification. This is carried out in conjunction with the Certifying Engineers.
- Ensure allocated tasks are completed within the allotted time scales.
- Ensure that the completed tasks are being recorded correctly onto the worksheets and the time recording is accurate.
- Ensuring that customer’s approval for the work/rectification to be carried out has been obtained and that payment terms, are agreed.
- Ensure that customer’s approval for the purchase of spare parts up to the agreed limits has been obtained.
- Liaise with other trades and departments within HAL or external Companies as necessary to initiate or complete the assigned task.
- Maintain a high standard of appearance of their staff, premises, vehicles and equipment
- Monitor all line aircraft internal and external cleaning and ensure that the inspection of such cleaning is carried out.
- Notify the Compliance Monitoring Manager or the nominated representative of any defect or incident, which will affect the continuing airworthiness of the aircraft.
- Respond effectively to due lists highlighting, test equipment and tool calibration and or inspection validity expiry dates. In doing so has responsibility for ensuring that all test equipment and tools in use are within calibration and/or inspection validity.
- To take ownership of problems and deal with them in a professional manner.
- To assist with the training and development of the staff.
- To ensure that a safe and just culture is encouraged in the workplace.
- Ensure aircraft maintenance is kept up to date as per the due lists.
Certification and Legal Responsibilities
- Be conversant with the Company Procedures and have a good understanding of their content and work within the boundaries of the procedures.
- Ensure all work carried out by staff under their supervision complies with the Regulatory Authority and Company Procedures in force at the time of the work carried out.
- Ensure all documentation is completed correctly before the work day/shift ends and a detailed hand over of any work in progress is completed.
- Ensure that a system to record the shift and maintenance activities by means of a daily log is compiled each day and that all maintenance required is recorded.
- Monitor the quality of work accepted by the certifying engineers to ensure that Company quality standards are being adhered to.
Health and Safety
- Ensure that the staff are working to the Health and Safety regulations in force at the time of the work being carried out i.e. use of safety goggles, safety harnesses etc.
- Ensure that the highest standards of housekeeping of the hangar and workshops are maintained at all times.
- Safety procedures are adhered to for the task in work i.e. safety barriers, warning notices, staff positioned around the area for function checks etc.
The hours of work will be 42 per week, to be worked in accordance with the needs of the business. You are expected to work flexibly, as the needs of the business require. The responsibilities of this role demand that the jobholder has held a Type rated Aircraft Engineer position or equivalent level
Applicants should also have an enthusiastic, willing personality with a sense of humour and the ability to work on their own initiative. Good communication skills combined with courtesy and integrity are essential.
Good administration skills and computer literacy are also essential requirements.
You must have held a full, clean UK driving license for a minimum period of one year and have a five year checkable work history. You must also hold the right to live and work in the United Kingdom. You will be based at our Stansted base, but may be required to travel to other bases on occasions.
Benefits include 22 days holiday increasing to 25 days after 5 years service (pro rated for part time), Holiday Purchase Scheme, Happy Birthday Day, Contributory Company Pension, Staff Discount, Hospital Saturday Fund Healthcare and Onsite Parking. Full Uniform also provided.
Previous applicants need not apply. No agencies please.
Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, we cannot respond to individuals and therefore if you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the date of your application, then please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.