As a Hangar Supervisor your main responsibilities will be:
The Supervisors post is responsible for the control and standards of performance of the maintenance department and will be responsible for the day to day administrative disciplines the staff. Responsible for overseeing the work on both aircraft and in the support departments and for ensuring that the stores procedures are adhered to providing timely and approved spares for support of the maintenance activity.
The post is a hand's on role and will require that the incumbent actively takes part in the aircraft maintenance.
The Supervisor will ensure that any enquiries from customers are managed through to completion providing regular feedback acting when necessary as first point of contact.
the Ideal candidate will have experience as B1.3 on EC155
In addition to the maintenance aspects of the job, the Supervisor will also have an administration function and is responsible for the following:
* The control of lieu time and over time.
* Audits of the Hangar and Facilities in accordance with Company Procedures.
* Will meet weekly with the Base Maintenance Manager and provide a detailed weekly report (verbal).
* To allocate engineering staff to cover line maintenance services activities in out-of-hours circumstances to contracted customers. Will actively support in the respect with coverage and presence.
* Assist with planning scheduled maintenance.
* Ensure that the aircraft documentation is completed in accordance with the company procedures.
* Ensure the hangar line handover and base maintenance handover books are completed daily.
* Ensure the engineer shift and duty weekend roster is kept updated.
* Control and discipline of the staff. Any requirement to take formal measures must be done in conjunction with the Base Maintenance Manager.
* Ensure that the staff adhere to their contracted working hours and start times
* Inspire and lead the staff ensuring they are motivated and encouraged to full satisfy their responsibilities.
* Participate in the engineering duty weekend shift roster.
* Ensure the effective completion of any delegated tasks.
* Ensure there is sufficient staff of the correct trade for certification. This is carried out in conjunction with the Certifying Engineers.
* Ensure allocated tasks are completed within the allotted time scales.
* Ensure that the completed tasks are being recorded correctly onto the worksheets and the time recording is accurate.
* Ensuring that customer's approval for the work/rectification to be carried out has been obtained and that payment terms, are agreed.
* Ensure that customer's approval for the purchase of spare parts up to the agreed limits has been obtained.
* Liaise with other trades and departments within HAL or external Companies as necessary to initiate or complete the assigned task.
* Maintain a high standard of appearance of their staff, premises, vehicles and equipment
* Monitor all line aircraft internal and external cleaning and ensure that the inspection of such cleaning is carried out.
* Notify the Compliance Monitoring Manager or the nominated representative of any defect or incident, which will affect the continuing airworthiness of the aircraft.
* Respond effectively to due lists highlighting, test equipment and tool calibration and or inspection validity expiry dates. In doing so has responsibility for ensuring that all test equipment and tools in use are within calibration and/or inspection validity.
The hours of work will be 42 per week, to be worked in accordance with the needs of the business. You are expected to work flexibly, as the needs of the business require. The responsibilities of this role demand that the jobholder has held a Type rated Aircraft Engineer or equivalent