Innovators with Insight
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global technology company. It’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham Aviation Services provides operational readiness training, mission rehearsal, electronic warfare training for military and international armed forces.
Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Technician
(Fixed Term Contract until 30th March 2018)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technician based at our Shawbury site. The role would suit someone with excellent analytical skills and an eye for detail. Working as part of a small team the role holder will support the Leading Technician to:
- Ensure that all involvement with ground equipment servicing and maintenance is carried out in compliance with the appropriate maintenance authorities.
- Recording and re-forecasting maintenance using the JAMES computer system.
- The signing of equipment documentation in accordance with individual authorisation.
- Control and custody of all MoD/Cobham equipment, replacement parts, spares and consumables, including domestic facilities.
- Awareness and compliance with the principles of health and safety to ensure safe working practice when participating in maintenance.
Successful candidates should be:-
- Formally trained in a mechanical engineering discipline.
- Computer literate.
- Able to demonstrate good analytical and problem solving skills which support continuous improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ideally, have experience in the maintenance of Aircraft Ground Equipment.
- Familiar with the control of Petroleum, Oils and Lubricants (POL), Tools and the Defence Logistics System.
- Experience in using Military Engineering Publications and documentation.
- Capable of achieving SC clearance to allow the operation of TrilogiView data set.
- Full Driving Licence (Airfield colour perception safe).
This role is offered on a full time fixed term basis.
To apply, please send your current CV along with a cover letter
Closing date: 18th September 2017