Ground Operations Manager - Aviation Security
Exciting new permanent opportunity for a Grounds Operations Manager - Aviation Security based at London Heathrow Airport.
The Aviation Security Manager shall, as part of the Ground Operations management team based at London Heathrow Airport, act as a key point of contact for all matters relating to the operational and strategic security of the airline and provide support and direction across all reportable locations worldwide, according to the standards and requirements of the company, regulatory bodies and law enforcement organisations; shall ensure that Security policy and process is developed, communicated and maintained in line with applicable regulations; shall act as the Ground Operations link between all departments in order to fulfil regulatory, corporate and customer expectations linked to Aviation Security.
* General provision of security advice and specialist security support
* Conducting risk assessments and development of mitigation strategies throughout the Company's operations
* Responding to statutory requests for information from law enforcement, regulators and other established members of the security community.
* Provision of 24/7 on-call response capability (threat assessment/security incident management)
* Administration of regulatory processes, including but not limited to; EU ACC3 and U.S. C-TPAT (Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism)
* Working with internal business areas and third-party security providers to ensure they are aware of their security obligations, and performance monitoring of the services provided.
* Supporting the implementation of heightened security measures
* Conducting UK and overseas audits, inspections and tests to identify areas for improvement
* Developing and maintaining effective relationships with external security services, regulatory bodies and law enforcement.
* Conducting joint compliance activities with regulators
* Preparation, administration and distribution of formal procedures, Security Notices and manuals relating to Airline Security
* Conducting and supporting investigations relating to aviation security, including service failures and crew reports
* Supporting investigations by regulators and external law enforcement agencies
* Management-level liaison with third-party service providers and accountable/reportable internal departments including meetings and conference calls
* Development, delivery and oversight of the Security Training program, including but not limited to; Training Policy, Station Training, Aircrew Operator Conversion training (initial and recurrent)
* Evaluation and assessment of security suppliers/service providers for charter and scheduled operations
* Provide appropriate guidance to other departments and colleagues
* Maintain an in-depth knowledge of company operations, documentation, regulatory authority requirements, relevant systems and procedures.
* Shall be responsible for the proper and timely performance of duties assigned.
* UK DfT Certificated Threat Assessor
* UK DfT Air Cargo Security trained (Consignor)
* Experience of training and development in a managerial/supervisory role
* Experienced with Safety Management Systems (SMS) within the aviation industry (experience in the use of Centrik would be an advantage)
* Experienced in aviation security investigations, both internal and in conjunction with external partners/agencies
* Experience of worldwide and remote location operations
* Proactive team player
* Must be computer literate and experienced in the use of MS Office products
* Must be able, willing and available to travel to foreign locations, at short notice for extended periods of time, as is reasonably required by the company
* Must hold a full UK Driving Licence