APEM Aviation is looking for an experienced Ground Operations Manager.
Based at APEM Remote Sensing’s operations office at Hawarden/Chester Airport and reporting directly to the Accountable Manager, you will be responsible for the ground operations and managing the maintenance of the Aviation division, as required by our AOC (APEM managers our own maintenance under EASA Part M but subcontract out the maintenance work to approved Part 145 organisation). The successful applicant will be required to pass a CAA Form 4 interview for Ground Operations Post holder and potentially Continuing Airworthiness Manager. Relevant training will be given where appropriate.
• Lead, manage, process and plan the company aircraft operations.
• Contribute to the continual development of the company’s operations department, procedures and documents.
• Manage the crews and the efficiency of the ground support operations.
• Liaise with airport authorities, operators and government regulators as required.
• Manage costs in line with company budgets.
• Provide detailed reports to the company Directors and liaise closely with other senior management.
• Liaise with and assist the Flight Operations Manager, Compliance Monitoring Manager, and Safety Manager as required.
• Be up to date with, and ensure all the manuals and publications within the company’s operations and maintenance library are available and current, including: NOTAMS, AIC, ANO, company operations manuals and aeronautical charts.
• Create crew flight briefs in conjunction with APEM project managers and the Flight Ops Manager.
• Plan and despatch company flights.
• Monitor aircraft performance and be involved in determining airfield suitability.
• Ensure pilot compliance with the company FTL scheme.
• Liaise with the CAA on all matters affecting company operations and compliance.
• Ensure the continuing airworthiness, serviceability and maintenance of all company aircraft in line with the Company’s CAME.
• Be an active member of the company Safety Review Board and promote the Safety Management System.
As an enthusiastic, flexible and driven individual who thrives when working in a fast paced environment with a focus on continuous improvement, you will be looking for the opportunity to work in a dynamic and forward thinking organisation.
Minimum experience requirements:
• Minimum 5 years experience in a relevant aircraft operations department.
• Be familiar with European aviation legislation.
• Capable of passing a CAA Form 4 interview for the role.
• Experience of managing base maintenance, preferably on multi engine fixed wing aircraft.
• Experience of planning aircraft maintenance activities.
• Working knowledge of aviation safety management systems.
The following experience would be desirable:
• Understanding of CAMO responsibilities.
• EASA Part 145 and Part M knowledge and/or experience.
• Proficient in the production and review of risk and COSHH assessments.
To apply: please visit our website where you can download an application form which should be emailed along with an up to date copy of your CV.