7 months ago
Graduate Software Engineer
Specific Job Description
The Software Engineer will be responsible for tasks as assigned by the Software Lead. The Software Engineer will report to the Software Engineering manager and be under the general direction of the Software Lead.
• Working with senior engineers in discussions with customers during requirements analysis, converting operational needs into technical requirements specifications.
• Contributing to design of high level software architectures.
• Designing and implementing software solutions based on Business Requirements.
• Supporting implementation teams throughout development, testing, and system acceptance phases.
• Supporting Integration & Test team during formal test phases.
• Performing technical investigations of problems raised against the operational systems.
• Working with Business Development and Programme Management during capture & proposal phases.
• Producing and reporting appropriate metrics to demonstrate progress to management and to guide decision-making.
The candidate will be exposed to several disciplines (Systems, Software Engineering, Integration & Test, and Infrastructure) as well as Programme Management during the placement, and will work on all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Established in 1991, Rotary and Mission System Integrated Systems (RMS IS, is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM RMS IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
• Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
• Good Communication skills.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Good IT skills in a range of SW packages.
• Ability to prioritise tasks and manage own time to meet program needs.
• Ability to find innovative, creative solutions to unusual problems.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
Familiarity with any of the following:
• UNIX / Linux
• Oracle Databases
• Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
• Agile methodologies
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.