At World Fuel Services, our employees are the key to our global success.We are industry leaders due to the innumerable talents of our approximately 5000- strong professional team. Our people thrive in an entrepreneurial and culturally-diverse environment, where innovative thinking, collaboration and efficient execution are highly valued. Our high-performance culture is what allows us to drive sustained growth. Stronger together, we promote an environment where individuals can thrive.When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 1 upper case letter, 1 number, and 1 special character.
Fuel Logistics Specialist required to join a market leading Fortune 500 company!
World Fuel Services requires a Fuel Logistics Specialist to support the Aviation Dispatch team in London Victoria.
World Fuel Services Corporation is a Fortune 500 company providing aviation, marine and land energy, logistics, and technology solutions to customers and suppliers around the world. Our global team of local professionals delivers innovative products and services at more than 8,000 global locations.
With revenues in excess of $27 billion and over 5,000 employees worldwide, World Fuel Services offers its customers a value-added outsource service for supply, quality control, logistical support and price risk management.
The Fuel Logistics role lies at the heart of the organization and the Global Fuel Logistics team is one of the key market differentiation for WFS Aviation. It is customer service combined with sales and operational/ sales support for our global customer database. A Fuel Logistics Specialist has to have a customer centric approach to our clients, who can be calling in from all types of companies and all around the world with different requirements. The Fuel Logistics Specialist needs to understand different cultures and develop an understanding of the differing needs of the different types of aircraft operators.
The working day is extremely busy - filled with telephone calls, responding to emails, keeping up to speed with fuel shortages in different regions, and liaising with Sales, Credit, Collections, Supply, Billing and other departments.
The Fuel Logistics Specialist will work in the Fuel Logistics team supporting both internal and external customers. As days are very busy, especially with email traffic, the role holder will have to work within the target response time guidelines set by the supervisor.
The Fuel Logistics Specialist needs to be able to work to short deadlines and collaborate with a global team of fellow Fuel Logistics Specialists.
- Receiving and making telephone calls
- Receiving and sending emails (this is a very busy department for email traffic)
- Arranging fuel for customers worldwide (scheduled and ad-hoc flights), setting up and sending out Sales Orders to appropriate suppliers / airport contacts
- Dealing with customer price requests for adhoc fuellings, (verbal and written)
- Good understanding of company credit policies, working with the Credit Team to ensure fuel is released in accordance with the current Credit Policy
- Supporting the Sales teams with telephone and price quoting support
- Working with the Supply teams to better understand day-to-day supplier relations
- Updating database with fuel shortages and other critical operational information
- Sending out Open Fuelling Authorisations for new or revised fuel contracts.
- Gain an understanding of company and products/services offered
- Assisting external and internal customers with pricing and other general queries
- Adhoc trade show attendance
- A passion for delivering high levels of customer service and a passion for the aviation sector and desire to build a career in this sector is essential.
- Customer services work experience is desirable but not essential. Preferably gained in the aviation sector.
- Aviation work experience is desirable.
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbally) is essential.
- Strong team working skills are essential.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work to tight deadlines is essential.
- Ability to deal with the unexpected, show initiative, adapt and work alone at times as required
- Good working knowledge of world geography is essential.
- The ability to speak French alongside English is desirable.