Food and Beverage Manager: OPEN DAY: London, United Kingdom: 16th January 2013 - Etihad Airways
This job expired on 15-01-2013
|Salary Details:||Tax Free Salary|
|Job Categories:||Cabin Crew Jobs | Food & Beverage Manager Jobs|
We are the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, based in Abu Dhabi. Our Cabin Crew team includes Food and Beverage Managers who are part of our award winning team of over 3000 service professionals, based in Abu Dhabi, the cosmopolitan and cultural capital of the United Arab Emirates. Our team is truly multi-cultural and is made up of nationals from over 110 countries. They are our ambassadors, and the ambassadors of our home Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates representing us whilst flying all over the world to destinations in Europe, North America, Africa, Asia and Australia caring for our guests with traditional Arabic warmth and respect in a fleet of state of the art luxurious new aircraft.
WHAT WE EXPECT
As a Food and Beverage Manager working onboard our aircraft, you will be part of our Cabin Crew, who are an award winning team. In 2012, for the third year, we won the "Middle East's Leading Cabin Staff" award at the World Travel Awards Middle East. In fact this award joins a long list of awards that we have won and win every year. To join us you will be the best and you will ensure that you contribute to the success of the world's leading airline (World Travel Awards 2011).
You will ensure that you exceed our guests’ expectations onboard and deliver great service 100% of the time, whilst offering a unique taste of United Arab Emirates hospitality – cultured, considerate, warm and generous.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Ensuring the safety of our guests as well as providing great service at all times.
Being an ambassador for Etihad Airways and the United Arab Emirates.
Inspiring our guests, displaying a high degree of motivation, enthusiasm and commitment.
WHAT WE OFFER
•Fantastic tax-free salary which is competitive within the industry and reviewed on a regular basis.
•Free accommodation in a modern shared fully-furnished apartment, with your own private facilities. Everything is provided for you to ensure that you have a safe, secure and comfortable home in Abu Dhabi.
•Etihad transport to take from your accommodation to the airport for your flight duties and then to bring you back home again after your flight.
•Access to exclusive state of the art Etihad swimming pools, health clubs and fitness centres at no cost, and reduced rate massage, hairdressing and beauty treatments to keep you looking your best.
•Leading airline travel benefits including unlimited personal travel at special rates, an annual leave ticket and generous concessions for family and friends to use.
•Excellent free private medical insurance and life/accident insurance.
•Annual leave of 30 days.
•Genuine advantages for career progression in a fast paced dynamic working environment.
•Special discounts at restaurants, shops, hotels and leisure facilities across the United Arab Emirates and the region.
MINIMUM CRITERIA AND QUALIFICATIONS
To become one of our onboard Food and Beverage Managers you must meet the following qualifications and criteria:
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a leading role, e.g. maître d, captain, team leader, supervisor in 4/5 star hotel dining establishments, fine dining restaurants, cruise liners and/or banqueting
- A graduate, minimum of Diploma level, with internship experience in 4/5 star hotel dining establishments or fine dining restaurants.
In addition you must also meet the following criteria:
- Extensive knowledge of food safety regulations and standards.
- Minimum age 21 years.
- Fluent in English; verbal, written and comprehension. Fluency in another language is an advantage.
- Must be confident in water and be able to swim with the aid of a flotation device.
- Able to reach 210cms without shoes.
- No tattoos that would be visible whilst wearing the Etihad uniform (bandages and cosmetic coverings are not permitted).
- Educated to a minimum level of accredited secondary education or equivalent.
- Never convicted of a criminal offence.
- Excellent personal presentation, style and image.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing to comply with UAE and GCAA visa, medical and health screening requirements.
Open interviews will take place on the 16th January 2013 for the position of Food and Beverage Manager at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, London Heathrow.
To register you will need to have a registration form, an updated CV, 3 passport size pictures, 3 coloured copies of your passport and 1 full length photograph.
Please print the documents attached at the top of this page, fill them in and bring them with you to your open day.
Suitable candidates will be asked to stay for the remainder of the day.