about 1 month ago
Department: Flight Operations
Report to: Head of Flight Crew Employee Relations
Job Level: C
The job holder will manage Flight Crew employee relations matters for Cathay Pacific (CX) and Cathay Dragon (KA), and make recommendations and provide support to the Head of Employee Relations, with regard tovarious employee relations issues. He / She will play a key role in managing and developing the relationships with the various Flight Crew Trade Unions and will continually develop and improve relations between the Flight Crew, recognised trade unions, and the Company.
* Support the Head of Employee Relations with Industrial relations between the Company and the recognised Trade Unions, including negotiations.
* Actively take part in, and where required, lead negotiations with Flight Crew Trade Unions.
* Chair regular operational meetings with Trade Unions, where delegated by the Head of Employee Relations.
* Thoroughly prepare and develop the strategy for negotiations with Trade Unions.
* Lead and manage multidisciplinary projects with significant financial and industrial relations implications.
* Liaise with all Company operational and non-operational departments and advise on issues of Company / Department policy and any policy changes.
* Implement and manage the various crew Conditions of Service (CoS), Collective and Enterprise Agreements in the various jurisdictions where CX have Flight Crew bases and advise on their content as necessary.
* Work with all FOP sections and recommend process changes in respect of any applicable policies / processes to introduce improvements and gain efficiencies.
* Work with Outport Personnel teams to manage employment issues in jurisdictions outside of Hong Kong .
* Provide advice to Senior Management on communication strategies to inform Flight Crew on key employee relations and organisational objectives.
* Collaborate with the Flight Crew Communications & Engagement Manager to develop Company communications to Flight Crew, including DFO and GMA updates, regular newsletters. and General Notices to Crew.
* Provide specialist advice on Discipline & Grievance case management to the People Services team and Fleet Office. Provide recommendations and manage the process as required.
* Provide employment law advice to Senior Management covering the multiple international jurisdictions where Flight Crew are based on employee relations matters.
* Lead the Case Management of Tribunal / Arbitration / Legal issues and manage the use of external legal resources efficiently as required.
* Act as the Head of Employee Relations as required.
* Manage specific duties and responsibilities as required by Head of Flight Crew Employee Relations and Management.
* University degree in Business, HR, Law or related discipline.
* Sound knowledge of employee relations frameworks and practices in different jurisdictions.
* Strong Communication and leadership skills.
* Excellent command of spoken and written English.
* Computer literacy and proficient in MS Office applications.
* 7+ years’ experience in managing and advising employee relations function .
* 7+ years’ professional experience working with people of different levels and cultural backgrounds.
* Analysis and Problem Solving
* Planning and Organising
* Customer Focus
* Teamwork and Building Partnerships
* Interpersonal Effectiveness
Application deadline: 19 January, 2018
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.