As a Senior Product Quality Engineer your key Responsabilities:
PEOPLE: Develop, mature and optimise the Quality team
- Establish and maintain a structure which supports all products and platforms
- Help Develop a multi-skilled, flexible and versatile team
- Manage resource deployment in order to satisfy business needs
- Co-ordinate customer inspection activities and manage ongoing requirements
- Interface with customers on product conformance matters
PERFORMANCE: Improve Quality performance to world class levels
- Maintain timely and effective pick-up feedback loops
- Source inspection to Quality inspection points
- Quality inspection points to Operations
- Establish and lead quality improvement plans which deliver SS delegation before Supplier Funded Source Inspection (SFSI)
- Establish and maintain feedback loops to capture external failures - use this data to drive continuous improvement in inspection activities and operations, where applicable
- Establish and continuously improve inspection-related kpi's (turn-around time, post-inspection failure rate etc.)
- Develop and maintain performance reporting systems (databases, dashboards, reports, scorecards, roadmaps), ensuring data is collected at all levels to ensure drill-down ability to all relevant categories.
PROCESS: Develop standard processes and work routines
- Develop and maintain standard inspection processes, ensuring a fair and consistent approach, focusing on specifications and standards agreed with customers
- Issue Airworthiness release documents and other shipping/customer documents
- Develop and introduce, where required, processes for measurement and improvement of gauge, machine and process capability - initial and ongoing.
- Develop and maintain 5S and visual management activities
- Support business BMS needs including, but not limited to, auditing activities
PROBLEM SOLVING: Develop team core competencies in problem solving
- Establish and deliver effective training and development programmes focusing on problem solving including, but not limited to, 4D, 8D, A3, 3-Up
- Maintain an effective portfolio of improvement projects
- Undertake other reasonable duties, in line with business needs and objectives, which are consistent and commensurate with the overall purpose of the position
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Motorsport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and
commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been notified of the outcome of your application within four weeks, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
If you would like to be considered for this position please forward your CV to Emiliano at Aeropeople