Exciting contracts based in Camberley for Final Techncian.
We are looking for Finals Technician across the board from bonding to finishing and panel builds.
Role Purpose: To build prototype and production furnishing units. To perform all aspects of fitting skills within closely specified tolerances associated with this type of work.
Key Authorities and Responsibilities:
- Bonding of inserts, blocks, pre-preg angles using various adhesives
- Manufacture all types of Furnishing units from sub-assembly panel stage to Final completion.
- Bonding composite panels and sub assemblies using adhesives to drawing specifications -
Working with minimum of supervision using own initiative
- Drilling and tapping of holes
- Actively participate and contribute to continuous improvement through Lean Processes.
- Willingness to participate in improvement activity across the business
- Must embrace change and be willing to adopt new skills to support all areas of the business
- To be flexible in a team oriented environment
- Building units to a high quality specification and to tight deadlines
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Time served as an engineering apprentice.
- Previous or similar product knowledge in Galley and monument final build.
- Good level of Maths and English.
- The ability to use all types of air tools, hand tools, and precision measuring equipment associated with this work.
Prime Working Relationships:
- Operations Managers and Supervision, Engineering (when necessary) and value stream colleagues
- Ability to read and work from Engineering Drawings
- Must possess a positive can do attitude
- Must have the ability to work without supervision in a multi functional team
- Must be prepared to undertake all reasonable requests as determined by the business needs
- Must implement and maintain a safe environment for employees and immediately raise Health & Safety concerns to management in compliance with the company Health & Safety procedure
- Must be prepared to participate in business improvement initiatives when scheduled
- Expected to ensure the working department is clean and presentable at all times
- Flexible to be able to work overtime and change shift pattern at short notice