This prestigious Aerospace and Defence Precision Engineering Company; who are a world leading supplier of components into the Aerospace and Defence sectors with numerous prestigious global OEM customers are seeking several Fabricator / Metalsmith apprentice trained technicians/engineers. The facility is part of a UK group operating on a Global Platform.
Fabricator / Metalsmith - Position Summary
This position is for a Fabricator / Metalsmith within the Manufacturing Engineering team. As a Fabricator / Metalsmith you will be responsible for the definition, improvement and ongoing technical support of the manufacturing process for a variety of precision components for Aerospace and Defence applications. This is a very exciting opportunity that will give the right candidates a wealth of experience and development opportunities within a highly renowned company planning on significant growth through the coming years.
Fabricator / Metalsmith - Competencies
- Methodical, logical approach to problem solving - Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate affectively upwards and downwards within the organisation
- Good team play with collaborative attitude and a flexible approach and a strong drive for results
- Ensure parts are produced on a ‘right first time’ basis
- Adhering to the requirements of the Quality Procedures
- Accountable for Health & Safety requirements
- To hold first party inspection approval (M02 status is subject to obtaining A stamp approval)
- Responsible for general housekeeping within the area
Fabricator / Metalsmith - Minimum Requirements
- A recognised and relevant apprenticeship or the equivalent NVQ standard
- Ability to understand technical drawings/limits
- Proven background in a Manufacturing Engineering role - Previous manufacturing experience in a factory environment would be desirable
- The use of hand, electrical and pneumatic tools and bending machines to shape, form and assemble metal products within drawing limits
Desired abilities to include (but not limited to):
- Use of jigs to assemble parts made from stainless steel, titanium or aluminium
- Measuring machinery and jigs
- Awareness of recognised quality process, i.e. ISO 9001, AS/EN9100, or similar
- Practical experience in relation to welding and machining is desirable but not necessary
- Ability to communicate with Colleagues / Customers / Suppliers at all levels
- Must be able to work in small teams with Process Team Leaders
- Self-motivated team player with good communication skills
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles and techniques to support client - continuous improvement initiatives would be desirable
**Due to the nature of our clients Projects we are unable to accept applications from candidates who require VISA support
If interested in the role then please contact Karla Harris-Hignett at ARGO Aviation International sending an up-to-date WORD CV.
All correspondence and conversations for the role will be treated in the strictest of confidence.