This is a fantastic opportunity to join newly established Maintenance and Repair Organisation (MRO) near Basingstoke in Hampshire, who are looking for an Estimator to join their team.
The successful candidate would be joining at a very exciting time as the build on over 60 years of engineering excellence. The company have established themselves as the partner of choice for Boeing aircraft maintenance and repair in the UK and Europe.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Estimator will ensure the efficient provision of accurate and reliable Estimates and hold the following key responsibilities:
· Liaise with customers to determine exact requirements
· Undertake work on commercial bids
· Preparation and development of input schedules, including manpower resource predictions
· Support the preparation of commercial briefs
· Support the commercial coding of work data onto M3 system
· Review of estimates against work orders carried out
· Interpret manuals, SBs. A/Ds, drawings and information supplied by the potential customer to provide an accurate estimate.
· Be responsible for the preparation and submission of man-hour quotations as a basis for bid proposals as well as reviewing additional work requirements on base inputs
· Working as a team member on major commercial bids, supporting the Commercial Manager with any technical data presentation.
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
· Proven experience in a base and/or line maintenance environment
· Experience of estimating for large aircraft maintenance activities
· Ability to interpret engineering data, identify issues with provided work scopes, and challenge where appropriate
· Ability to rapidly and accurately assess data, to support sound decision making
· Good verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate positively with stakeholders, sometimes in challenging situations
· Good organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
· Excellent IT skills with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Experience of working with an aircraft maintenance IT system
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.