Exciting new permanent opportunity for an Estimator based in Hampshire!!!
About the Company
Our client is a newly established Maintenance and Repair Organisation (MRO) at based near Alton, in Hampshire. Due to an extensive expansion program they are seeking an Estimator to join their growing team.
As an Estimator you will be joining them at a very exciting time as they have over 60 years of engineering excellence and have established their selves as the partner of choice for Boeing aircraft maintenance and repair in the UK and Europe.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Estimator will ensure the efficient provision of accurate and reliable Estimates and hold the following key responsibilities:
* Interpret manuals, Service Bulletins (SB's), Airworthiness Directives (A/D's), drawings and information supplied by the potential customer to provide an accurate estimate.
* Be responsible for the preparation and submission of man-hour quotations as a basis for bid proposals as well as reviewing additional work requirements on base inputs
* Working as a team member on major commercial bids, supporting the Commercial Manager with any technical data presentation.
* Liaise with customers to determine exact requirements
* Undertake work on commercial bids
* Preparation and development of input schedules, including manpower resource predictions
* Support the preparation of commercial briefs
* Support the commercial coding of work data.
* Review of estimates against work orders carried out
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
* Proven experience in a base and/or line maintenance environment
* Experience of estimating for large aircraft maintenance activities
* Ability to interpret engineering data, identify issues with provided work scopes, and challenge where appropriate
* Ability to rapidly and accurately assess data, to support sound decision making
* Good verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate positively with stakeholders, sometimes in challenging situations
* Good organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
* Excellent IT skills with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Experience of working with an aircraft maintenance IT system
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and
commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.