4 months ago
Environmental Test Engineer
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
An Environmental Test Engineer is required to carry out testing activities in the Lockheed Martin Ampthill's Structural & Environmental Laboratory. The work will cover the preparation for and undertaking of a diverse range of tests including hot, cold, vibration, shock and proof testing of various items.
The SEL is a small team that carries out risk reduction testing on equipment within the in-house laboratory. The new lead in the area is looking to grow the department by branching into different areas of testing and support within the business. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who enjoys testing to help shape the future of the facility and develop their own skills.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
We are looking for talented individuals with demonstrable experience in delivering complex, high value, critical components and services from suppliers. In return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path. Please note that the LMUK Ampthill working pattern is a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Knowledge of instrumentation, the collection and analysis of data and the ability to prepare trials reports is essential.
* Experience using electromagnetic vibration systems and climatic chambers is essential.
* Experience of designing test rigs and the associated manufacture and mechanical fitting would be useful.
* Knowledge of electrical circuitry and fault-finding techniques would be useful.
* Knowledge of structural testing would be useful.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.