4 months ago
Engineering and Technology Summer Intern
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
Working as part of a multi-disciplined Engineering team, and under general direction of a number of experienced Lead Engineers, you will be providing support to development activities throughout our entire product lifecycle in a variety of programmes.
Various engineering activities will be undertaken and can be tailored towards your skills and development aspirations. You will have the chance to make a meaningful contribution to the development activities on tangible products, taking up a ‘real role’ with ‘real responsibilities’ across a variety of disciplines.
This position is open to students on a Sandwich degree course and University Students wanting a summer placement to gain real work experience in industry.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focussing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability. With a significant percentage of LMUK Ampthill’s revenue being subcontracted to key partners and suppliers, the Sub-contracts function is fundamental to business success. We are looking for talented individuals with demonstrable experience in delivering complex, high value, critical components and services from suppliers. In return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Time Management
* Organisation under pressure
* Initiative and innovative ideas
* Ability to clearly articulate engineering requirements and to build credible criteria to test performance and prove adherence to these requirements
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Familiar with principles of engineering life cycles and ability to express these clearly
* Candidates should be studying for an Engineering degree specifically in Electronics, Systems, Software or related disciplines
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Understanding of the principles of project planning and control
* Proficiency in Microsoft software
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.