Employee Relations Specialist
ABOUT THE ROLE
Marshall ADG are looking to recruit permanent and fixed term specialists. The ideal candidates will become a trusted point of contact providing guidance to managers, employees and HR function on use of our HR policy & HR process. In addition, being responsible for coaching managers and employees in situations of conflict and bring these to an effective resolution. Whilst offering support and guide managers with Performance Management, Disciplinary and Grievance processes. Have the ability to identify performance management issues in the business (through the use of data) and proactively engage the business to start putting in place performance improvement plans. Identify absence issues through the use of data/trends and proactively work with the HR function and line managers to develop corrective action plans. Moreover, ensure HR policies, processes are well understood and well defined for the business to execute them.
Working towards or CIPD qualified
Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment
Develop & manage HR planning, policies & strategies:
* Responsible for putting in place the right advisory capabilities needed to support the business.
* Responsible for updating and maintaining HR policies and developing a knowledgebase for guidance ensuring these are available for Managers and Employees
* Develop HR policies that comply with legislation.
* Responsible for understanding the policies in detail and be able to provide guidance and advice to managers, employees and HR.
* Develop operational procedures that are required to support any of the policies being developed, so to ensure these are actioned correctly by managers, employees and HR.
Provide feedback on the operational effectiveness of the HR strategy, HR policy and HR processes to HR Centres of Expertise (CoE) so that each CoE can use for continuous improvement
Recruit, source, and select employees:
Ensure HR policies (e.g. equality, diversity, etc..) are well understood by managers, resourcing specialists and potentially candidates
Develop & counsel employees:
* Provide managers and employees with guidance on the L&D policy and process.
* Working with the CoEs to ensure the guidance material is available and suitable for consumption by line managers, HR and employees
Provide feedback to L&D, Talent and Performance CoE on the effectiveness of policy and process
Manage employee relations:
* First point of contact for managers and employees when raising HR queries and issues
* Provide advice to managers and employees on HR policy and likely approaches to help resolve the conflict
* Accountable for effective resolution of queries and Provide advice to managers and employees on HR policy and likely approaches to help resolve the conflict
Accountable for effective resolution of queries and issues, even when these are escalated outside the Advisory team.
Reward and retain employees:
Provide advice to managers on the execution of our Reward & Benefits policies and processes.
Redeploy and retire employees
* Advise Line Manager regarding any applicable procedures or company policies related to sickness and leave of absence
* Guide and support the manager with attendance management issues
* Where applicable engage 3rd party support i.e. occupational health to bring issues to a satisfactory conclusion
Provide appropriate support and guidance to the employee and manager regarding the retirement process
Manage employee information and analytics
* Ensure that case management data is maintained and managed in accordance with the data management regulations
Track and measure all cases and identify trends and issues and help address root cause of problems
Manage employee communication
* Responsible for developing communication (with the support of the CoEs and Internal Communications) to ensure HR policy, HR process is well understood across the business
ABOUT THE REWARDS (permanent position)
Marshall ADG offers employees an attractive reward package. This comprises:
*Competitive base salary
*Discretionary bonus scheme
*25 days holiday plus bank holidays
*Generous company pension scheme
*Access to a healthcare plan
*An excellent flexible benefit scheme
*Access to a discount scheme which offers substantial savings with a range of retailers, hotel chains, holiday companies etc.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
We specialise in the conversion, modification, maintenance and support of civil and military aircraft, defence vehicle engineering, shelter manufacture, composite solutions and the provision of personnel, training and advice. We are renowned and respected worldwide for our quality of service, engineering excellence, flexibility and reliability.
Part of the 105 year-old Marshall Group of Companies, which has an annual turnover of £1.3 billion, we have over 80 years of aviation experience and have completed over 1500 aircraft modifications in 35 countries. Within our land systems capability, we have designed, manufactured, delivered and supported more than 5000 tactical shelters in over 200 different configurations.