MORSON INT - ELECTRONIC ARCHITECT - STEVENAGE - 6 MONTH CONTRACT
Location: Stevenage - United Kingdom
Duration: 6 month contract
Rate: £37.00 per hour LTD
Missile Architecture & Equipment (MAE) is responsible for defining the physical requirements (e.g. electrical, mechanical) of a missile for a diverse range of land, sea and air weapon systems.
The Electronic Architect is responsible for establishing:
- Primary electrical/electronic architecture, including the definition of the processing and data bus requirement, of the system in response to the Weapon System requirement
- Definition of the electrical interface requirements between the missile and launcher and between the internal equipment
- Definition and design of the missile power system, establishing the power budgets and ensuring that the overall power consumption is compliant with the budget.
Accountabilities (some, or all of the following depending upon the specific role)
- Responsible for defining the electrical architecture for a munition, ensuring it meets higher level system requirements.
- Responsible for establishing a project Processing and Communications policy and recommending data-bus types and routing.
- Responsible for the missile level power system, including power budget and profiles.
- Responsible for the missile signal safety design, to include routing of safety related signals, rules for signal separations in cable looms and on connector pin outs, plus special features such as dual redundancy.
- Responsible for the definition of missile / sub-system interfaces.
- Act as "Head of" for specific electronic subsystems of the missile.
- Responsible for producing Statements of Work and plans for activities within their sphere of responsibility.
- Technically manage internal & external suppliers for delivery of sub-systems to time, cost, quality and performance requirements.
- Responsible for controlling any assigned budgets, managing personal workload and identifying any further resource needs.
Skills and Knowledge
- Educated ideally to degree level or equivalent, with experience of electrical and electronic engineering, including: Digital electronics, Analogue electronics, RF systems, Microprocessor based systems, Power Electronics and Electronic system architecture.
- Good understanding of broader engineering disciplines, including: Systems design, Safety systems, Management, definition and flow-down of requirements (DOORS), Definition and management of electronic interfaces.
- Ability to technically manage internal & sub-contract activities.
- Strong leadership skills, able to establish a clear engineering vision.
- Ability to influence managers and other stakeholders across the company.
- Determination and desire to succeed.
- Strong interpersonal and well developed communication skills (written & verbal).
- Willingness to travel within UK when required.
Additional security requirements
We seek an Electronic Architect who has worked in a Military/Defence environment or industry within the last 12 months, or who is capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC Level Minimum)