Our client is a major aerospace and defence manufacturers based in Templecombe, Somerset. They currently have a requirement for Electro-mechanical Inspectors to work in their underwater systems department. A majority of the production line is pipe work and other various electro-mechanical assemblies.
The contract is 6 months long initially but there is a possibility of extension providing consistency in workload and good performance. The pay rate is £28.05 per hour LTD across all hours. This is a 37 hour work week.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Inspection of electro-mechanical assemblies and their sub-assemblies to the required company standard (IPC Class 3) or as specified by the customer's contract.
The key focus of the client is to ensure they provide a consistent quality of product across all UK & Export product lines and customers.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
Performs inspection operations, for the acceptance of parts, sub-assemblies and products, to the required standards as defined by, company documentation, quality procedures and workmanship standards and or the customer's contractual requirements.
- Identifies and logs faults
- Records Results
- Inspects associated build pack, test results and records of jobs compliance to requirements.
- Raising of Product Non Conformance Reports (PNC), Problem Reports (PR), Concessions / Production Permits (DR) to highlight discrepancies where necessary, to resolve documentation and or product issues.
- Ensures Inspection equipment is maintained / calibrated to the required standard.
- Update procedures and provide support to engineering.
- Survey of units returned for modification and/or repair.
- Overseeing of rework activities.
- Training & supervision of Junior staff as required
Key performance Indicators against Responsibilities and Tasks (professional only):
Clearing of Problem Reports (PR) Engineering Change Reports (EC) Raising and clearing of product non-conformance (PNC).
Ensure job booking and timesheets are entered and completed on a weekly basis, measured on a weekly report. Keep to the budgeted hours for operations or highlight errors to Cell Manager and production engineering. Measured Budget Vs. Actual
Focus on time delivery (OTD) as set by Industrial planning and Cell Manager. Timely inspection of all new and repaired items as directed by the plan.
- Minimum of 3 years inspection experience in an Electrical / Mechanical Production or Development facility or similar environment.
- Qualified to IPC610 & 620 standards all modules.
- Inspection of soldering, crimping, wire wrapping, splicing, sleeving, part making etc
- Experience in the Inspection of castings, complex mechanical assemblies, part marking etc.
- Capable of interpreting, circuit diagrams, engineering drawings and technical documents.
- Knowledge of ESD Protection requirements.
- Capable of using production Inspection equipment such as Micrometers, Verniers, Slips, Gauges etc.
- Understanding of FAI
- Experience PC user MS word & Excel in particular
- Working within a team
- Must be able to apply sound reasoning and logic to problems, coupled with a full understanding of wiring and assembly techniques.