Our Client is a major Aerospace and defence manufacturers, they are currently looking for a build inspector to join their AIT department in Stevenage. This is a 6 months contract position and may require shift work.
The base rate is £18 per hour LTD whilst working the standard day shift but if moved onto shift you will gain a 20% uplift. £21.60 per hour LTD.
Probable shift pattern for this placement initially will be either
Shift early 06:00hrs to 14:00 hrs for which 20% uplift is paid
Shift late 14:00 hrs to 22:00 hrs for which 20% uplift is paid
Electrical Build Inspector to work in the Chemical Propulsion System Manufacture facility department working as part of a team in an ISO clean room.
The Build Inspector will work within the manufacturing/assembly, integration and tests team, and deals with quality matters from within that team, reporting incidents or local concerns. Where necessary the Build Inspector has the option to elevate a matter to the Product Assurance Manager for resolution. The Build Inspector does not report to the PA engineer but maintains a level of contact with the AIT PA Engineers to keep them informed of the products status at all times
- Understand technical documents (Drawings, procedures, technical notes, etc.).
- Occurrence/ Non-conformance reporting using intranet forms and screens
- Inspection of critical electronic/electrical/electro-mechanical hardware experience
- English and Math's GCSE/ VVQ equivalent
- PC literate/ Understanding of Excel
- Free hand wire verification
- Experience of generating and monitoring KPI's
- Previous experience of Space/Aerospace Inspection activities or similar.
- Knowledge of ESA Space requirements
- Recognised time served apprentice within aerospace
- Science based or electronics GCSE's
- Inspection of critical electronic/electrical/electro-mechanical hardware
- Worked within design and manufacture engineering business
- Provide technical comment and advice to the AIT team regarding quality control, calling upon any specialist knowledge as appropriate.
- Support AIT operators / technicians in deciding on the severity of an incident or any go/no-go decisions that may be needed
- Process Control inspection of Assembly, Integration and Test activity for spacecraft payloads.
- Advise and if required support the AIT team leader on quality matters.
- Patrol auditing works instructions and assembly technicians activities
- Monitoring and reporting of AIT process control criteria, including inspection verification of production activities, documentation records and collection/evaluation of metrics
- Review AIT work instructions for technical integrity, regarding product quality requirements and standards, whether specific or more general. If needed, reject and assist manufacturing in the correction of errors. Review drawings as needed in support of a work instruction review.
- Verify AIT work instructions for adequate quality coverage through QVP (and KIP if required to do so only). If needed reject and assist manufacturing in the correction of errors.
- Perform patrol inspection, not limited to the inspection of documentation and hardware but including AIT process application, and also the controls and disciplines of the workshop such as: -
- Tool calibration
- Training records
- Request and/or carry out a process audit as and when necessary
- AIT process 'spot checks'