EASA Part 147 - Technical Training Manager
Carbon60 has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Training Manager to join one of our client business. To manage the company EASA approved Part-147 Technical training school. You will be responsible for planning, organizing, leading and supervising the technical training department technical training staff.
To ensure that training targets are met and maintained in accordance with EASA Part-147 and Part-145 requirements and business need to meet current legislation. Advising and directing training solutions in response to business requirements and developing training courses to meet business need. Market and sell Aircraft Technical training for fixed and rotary wing aircraft types.
Location Christchurch Bournemouth with some travel to Basingstoke
Our client provides customers with integrated services for airborne special mission operations. Its capabilities include aerial surveillance, operational readiness training, aircraft modification and integration, search and rescue, and environment surveillance and response.
They use highly customised aircraft to conduct border protection and surveillance operations in Australia and the UK, as well as providing operational readiness training through electronic warfare training for the UK Ministry of Defence. Its also a leading supplier of flight inspection services.
As a Technical Training Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· Hold an aeronautical/ electrical or mechanical degree or,
· Be a certified Part 66 licensed engineer or
· Have evidence of previous employment as an aeronautical type training instructor/manager in a Part-147 environment
· To be able to carry out a type rated course on Falcon F20 (CF700)/F20-5 (TF731) Beech 200 series and Beech 300 Series.
· Be a qualified Dangerous Goods by Air instructor.
· Be able to carry out Human factors and Fuel Tank Safety courses
· Be able to demonstrate an understanding of EASA Parts 66/145/147/M and 21
· Excellent communication; verbal and written communication skills
· Adaptable with excellent planning and organisational skills
· Ability to cope with pressure and change
· Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
· Experience within a customer led manufacturing business
As a Technical Training Manager your responsibilities will include:
· Ensure compliance with EAS SHE technical standards within area of responsibility.
· Responsible for the role of the UK CAA Part-147 nominated person
· Carry out the duties of an aircraft technical training instructor for which he is qualified on type and within the companies EASA Part-147 approval.
· To produce and update all student training notes and presentations for the Aircraft types. Responsible for the evaluation of technical training programmes to ensure they achieve organisational objectives and remain cost effective to deliver.
· To carry out the annual training planning meeting and produce a training programme for the forthcoming year to meet the engineering and business requirements.
· Assess training needs and source/develop suitable training courses to meet business need.
· Manage the Aircraft Maintenance Apprentices and liaise with local and national training and educational organisations (Colleges/Schools)
· Seek and engage with potential customers to generate revenue through the delivery of training courses
· To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the IR Part 147 Approved Examiner.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.