Line Up Aviation is a world leader in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace professionals and has been operating for more than 28 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the very highest standard of applicants.
Duty Officer - Temporary Position
Location – Gatwick
Salary – D.O.E
Our Client is the world’s leading air charter service company with a proven reputation for innovation, expertise and professionalism. They are looking for a Duty Officer based in the Gatwick office. This is a very rare opportunity and the successful candidate will be taking a great stride in their professional development.
- Provide prompt and efficient aviation logistical services to clients.
- Provide a professional and positive image of the company to clients and suppliers.
- Promote and act positively upon all commercial opportunities for the business.
- Continuous monitoring and action of requests by suppliers and clients.
- Follow operating systems and procedures.
- Updating the database with new projects and information.
- Raising Requests for Services and Service Agreements.
- Support aircraft brokers where required in setup of sub charters to meet airline client’s needs
- Reconcile projects to the point of closure.
- Maintain good professional relationships with clients, suppliers and colleagues
Skills & Experience
- Good oral and written communication ability.
- Positive time management, prioritisation and self-discipline
- Cooperation in a team building environment.
- High standard of IT skills in email, excel spreadsheets and database
- Submission of overflight, landing and diplomatic permits
- Negotiating ground handling requirements
- Airline operations in crewing / hotac /catering
- Third party fuel purchase
- Negotiating charter sub contracts
- Flight Planning, weather, notams and aircraft performance
- Use of CFMU, AFTN, ARINC Internet and Outlook systems
- Runway slots , PPR and MFA applications
- Interaction with airline operations departments
- Ability to meet the requirements of this job description
- Calm and focused outlook under pressure.
- Flexibility to change working hours and patterns if necessary.
- Trustworthy in all aspects of the role.
- Self- motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of the company
- Appreciation of the value of co-operation within a team environment.
- Willing and able to work 24/7 shift patterns of up to 12 hrs.
- Ability to meet the extra demands of unsocial hours working.
- Willingness to accept additional training and career development.
- Positive outlook on new working practises and technologies
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Carla.firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency