9 months ago
Position objective: To act as an Industry Expert and provide Technical Leadership in a specific ARRIS product, solution, system or technology, providing input and consultation as needed to meet ARRIS program goals. Responsibilities:
* Interrupt business goals and needs and translate into technical solutions and communicate those solutions effectively to high level stakeholders.
* Understand end to end business requirements and integrated solutions. Assemble and present customer roadmaps based on service offerings that deliver on customer needs and add strategic value to their business.
* Communicate effectively between service practice groups and other ARRIS product line managers to ensure end customer needs are understood and products / solutions matching those needs are delivered.
* Act as technical lead on RFP/RFI responses in area of expertise.
* Work across all areas of business providing expert advice in area of specialty, including, but not limited to development architecture, engineering, testing, deployment, operations, and technical support.
* Development of documentation relating to area of specialty, including, but not limited to engineering guidelines and specifications, high level and detailed level designs, methods of procedures, deployment guides and standards, test strategies, life cycle management plans, capacity and scalability guides, to the highest standard.
* Prototype, test and validate compliance levels of various solutions in the network.
* Support other team members to manage introduction of new features, feature requests and end of life issues.
* Provide technical leadership and support to internal and external stakeholders.
* Assist with training and knowledge transfer to junior (less experienced) team members by providing mentoring, coaching, and technical leadership.
* Bachelor or Master's Degree in Engineering.
* Experience in vendor product management / pre sales or service delivery management.
* Strong familiarity with one or more of HFC, GPON and wireless network access technologies.
* Strong familiarity with one or more of IT Infrastructure, OS, DB, Virtualization, network monitoring, Telecommunication assurance and activation platform technologies.
* Within the candidates areas of specialty, and expert level knowledge of the associated protocols, interfaces, associated technologies based on industry standards.
* 10+ years of experience with the candidate's area of specialty, preferably in Telecommunications.
* Strong familiarity with solution development, test and deployment methodologies practices and tools.
* Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to gain feedback from key stakeholders to ensure high quality of all engineering documentation.
* Advanced problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
* Ability to manage workload and comply with strict deadlines.
* Experience working in high performance teams in a high pressured technology environment.
Competence Required: This role calls for the following broad capabilities.
* Deep understanding of the product based on practical / real world implementation experience
* Close / existing working relationships with the associated product vendor, i.e. ability to obtain and / or answer specific technical enquires through this channel in a timely fashion
* Ability to provide practical guidance to architecture / deployment / implementation / test team for the provisioning / configuration of the associated product(s).
* Good written and verbal communications skills in English
* Excellent presentation and communication skills
* Self-motivated and independent
* Confident and trusting to the customer and peers
* Adaptable to change
* Positive attitude
* Willing to travel
Aug 30, 2017, 2: 7:08 AM