5 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare Life Sciences
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
This role will project manage the development of innovative digital projects including quantitative image analysis methodologies. This position requires an experienced individual with competence in medical imaging and image processing and analysis and a desire to work with others in a multi-disciplinary.
* Facilitate the development of digital products to enhance the utilization of our traditional core imaging agent products. Work with key stakeholders such as Medical Directors and Commercial Leaders in both GE and external partners to ensure that the goals of the digital initiative strategy are delivered. Support the overall digital project strategy development with the rest of the digital team.
* Set the requirements for the execution of assigned projects. Author and maintain project charters, updates, and communication presentations.
* Develop and maintain good working relationships with the respective team members participating in the projects including Commercial Leaders, Medical Directors, and all other relevant staff at partner companies, CROs and participating clinical study centers in order to fulfill the needs of the projects. Present digital strategy to pharmaceutical companies that work in partnership with GE.
* Ensure competent project resources are allocated to the project in time for the required level of activity at each stage. Create a project plan with budget and manage the activities of these resources by providing direction in the activities to be done.
* Perform qualified quantitative analyses as needed for the studies. Educate pharmaceutical partner companies about GE’s capabilities and understand the partners’ needs. Develop the image analysis methodologies accordingly and in close collaboration. Work closely with GE’s software experts to transition tools from prototype phases to market ready.
* Maintain competence in medical imaging and analytical methodology (e.g., through a Continuous Professional Development programme, literature reviews, symposium attendance, etc).
* A technical degree (engineering, computer science, biomedical, physics) or similar and with relevant qualifications in medical imaging (masters or PhD preferred or equivalent knowledge & experience).
* Demonstrable clinical or research experience in CT, MR and/or Nuclear Medicine imaging or related software; relevant professional qualifications. Knowledge of current trends in the field of digital solutions in healthcare.
* Experience as a project leader in a relevant context, such as an imaging CRO supporting pharmaceutical clients.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work both independently and within a team, diplomatic and cooperative team worker. Able to effectively and judiciously direct the activities of other staff working on the same project.
* Well organized with attention to detail: prioritizes and handles multiple tasks efficiently without forfeiting quality. Able to forecast needs in advance, make timely requests for adequate resources and assess risk levels and associated impacts to the project.
* Flexibility to travel (up to 10%) in order to meet project needs. Must be able and willing to travel intercontinentally when requested (i.e. possesses a valid passport and is not on any travel restriction lists).
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in Amersham, UK.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Prior experience in leading imaging aspects of CT, MR, US and/or PET or SPECT trials in the pharmaceutical industry.
* Understanding of the conduct required in clinical trials with imaging endpoints to assess the performance of therapies or medical devices, particularly software aspects.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: communicates ideas and thoughts clearly and concisely, orally and in writing. Actively probes for information and listens. Aware of body language. Uses varied styles of interpersonal communication in different situations.
* Empowerment/Inspirational: inspires and empowers others in implementation of the project strategy and other key business initiatives; shares credit, recognition and visibility.
* Innovation: brings a curios mindset to projects, and experienced with fail-fast, agile product experimentation.
* Formal presentation skills: Develops and articulately delivers compelling, professional formal presentations to audiences within GE and beyond; strong Power Point or equivalent skills.
* Customer Focus: creates/communicates clear, customer-focused (internal and external customers), delivery-oriented solutions and well-defined action plans; involves all stakeholders; holds self accountable for execution.
* Adapts to Change and Uncertainty: capable of anticipating changes, guides the team to effectively pivot direction with minimal impact to delivery of results, maintains focus in periods of uncertainty.
Locations: United Kingdom; Amersham
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.