16 days ago
LMS Trainer and Educator
Digital Print Operator - Menzies Response, Ashford, Kent
Full - time, 40 hours a week
£18,000 to £20,000 DOE
To assist with the digital printing and finishing processes within the digital print and book production operation. Operating the printing and finishing machinery – Cannon/Xerox Colour and Mono printers, and any other machinery required to fulfil orders in a safe and efficient manner. Supporting all areas of the printing production team as well as providing back up to the Senior Production Team Leader, and cover for holiday and sickness as well as assisting during peak periods.
* To support the Senior Production Team Leader in completing customer work on time and to the highest standards and quality.
* Help colleagues across the print production team when needed during peak periods, during holidays and sickness.
* To be flexible and responsive to changes in working schedules i.e occasional split shift/overtime/night shift.
* To be professional and maintain a tidy and clean appearance at all times in readiness for spontaneous client and senior management visits.
* To contribute in ensuring that paper and other consumable materials are bought as keenly as possible, whilst maintaining standards in quality.
* To minimize non-conformance through being diligent and give attention to detail.
The successful candidate will have:
* Experience in working within a digital printing environment would be a distinct advantage.
* Good IT knowledge, particularly relating to digital printing technology.
* To pack and organize the despatch of print orders in a professional and timely manner.
* To ensure a clean, tidy and safe working environment within the production area as well as appropriate disposal of waste and comply with group H & S requirements.
* Ability to work using your own initiative and multitask.
* To keep abreast of best practice and trends in the print industry so as to remain informed and competitive.
* Numeracy, confidence, tenacity and loyalty are many of the qualities the ideal candidate is likely to possess.
Please apply via the Apply button