Detail Designers must have:
- Relative Shipbuilding Experience
- 3D Modelling and Integration Experience
You will ideally be:
- Foran Trained
- 2D Production Output Trained
Purpose of role:
To undertake a defined range of detail design activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements, supplying advice and support to operations and other functions and ensuring defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and service requirements.
Key Technical Skills:
Possesses good knowledge of most aspects within his/her discipline. Able to perform analysis using recognised draughting and analytical tools and to make sound judgements. Provide technical support and troubleshooting responses in assigned areas to operational units or other activities.
Top 6 Major Tasks and Activities:
1. Operate within the functionality of the appropriate tools and techniques (e.g. Foran and CE) as directed by his/her supervisor.
2. Produce and develop designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carry out detail design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained.
3. Carry out investigations into operational problems or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a team.
4. Support the development of best practice to increase the capability, performance of tools and processes
5. To identify personal training requirements, skills gaps and development requirements in own discipline.
6. Keep up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services (seeking and sharing good practice and knowledge to continuously improve practices), and supply technical support and expertise to others as required.
Business Unit CAD Models delivering design intent Data, diagrams and drawings supporting Design and assessment tasks, specific to own discipline. Design and Change Studies Technical Reports and Specifications
Company / Industry Knowledge:
2 years' experience in engineering or a defence or related industry Understanding of LCM Qualifications: Typically HNC/HND qualified, likely to be in a technology, engineering or science related discipline Working towards the requirements for registration as Incorporated Engineer with the Engineering Council