Randstad Engineering are currently recruiting on behalf of our Defence client based in Buckinghamshire. We are looking for a Design Engineer to provide technical direction and decision making in support of project delivery.
A vacancy has arisen for a Design Engineer working in the Engineering department. The position is responsible for generating design concepts in line with customer requirements and in line with the engineering specification, including associated international standards and military standards requirements. It also requires the production of commercially viable design detail and assembly engineering drawings.
- Supporting the Section Lead, Programmes / Integrated Project Team in defining all necessary engineering work required to gain final acceptance on new and existing products.
- Supporting the Section Lead in reading, understanding and translating customer performance based specifications, related documents, EU directives, associated standards and other legislative requirements into engineering specifications.
- Supporting the Section Lead / Senior Design Engineer in conducting trade studies into potential engineering solutions to determine the best, most commercially sound solution within the given parameters whilst optimising manufacturability using 3D CAD.
- Carrying out all necessary performance and structural calculations via hand calculations and other software tools such as spreadsheets and finite element analysis etc.
- Producing top level design layouts from which detailed parts may be developed.
- Calling and chairing design reviews as required.
- Producing and maintaining engineering drawings in accordance with engineering procedures.
- Consulting extensively with associates and others, with a high degree of reliance placed on
scientific interpretation and advice.
- Developing and maintaining cost and mass models for products.
- Producing and presenting design review presentations to internal and external customers.
- Produce a variety of detailed reports including e.g. CE marking technical files, load and stress reports.
- Checking engineering drawings for functionality and correctness and ensuring drawing complies with Engineering Drawing Best Practice.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Managing design projects under tight time and quality constraints.
- Experience of full design process, ideally gained from designing machines or test equipment which involved gaining CE certification.
- Experience in areas such as geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, layout of engineering drawings in relation to US/UK standards.
- Product costings and analyses
- Good understanding of modern manufacturing methods and processes.
- Creation and delivery of presentation work.
Due to the nature of the business you must have been born in the United Kingdom and have a UK passport.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.