Design Engineer for large international aerospace company based in Gloucester on a 6 month contract
As a Design Engineer you will have experience of designing mechanical / electro-mechanical actuation and landing gear equipment within an aerospace company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Design Engineer
· Identifying means for verification of requirements.
· Contribute to design reviews and assist programme reviews.
· 2D & 3D design tools, preferably SolidWorks
· Create technical documentation
· Ensuring that the product meets requirements.
· Support problem solving activities to resolve customer returns/failures
· Support to inspection and test in determination of root cause as well as documenting and leading corrective actions and implementation activities.
· Support engineering changes, using PDM Tools (preferably Windchill).
Job Requirements, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Experience of designing actuation products, and/or hydraulic control valves, preferably within an aviation business.
· Knowledge of mechanical components, processing, precision machining, forgings, military and industry standards.
· Understanding of design (FMEA, DFMEA), test and analysis (FEA, Mathcad) tools
If you are interested in this contract position based in Gloucester please apply now
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.