Deputy Project Manager
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
We specialise in the conversion, modification, maintenance and support of civil and military aircraft, defence vehicle engineering, shelter manufacture, composite solutions and the provision of personnel, training and advice. We are renowned and respected worldwide for our quality of service, engineering excellence, flexibility and reliability.
Part of the 105 year-old Marshall Group of Companies, which has an annual turnover of £1.3 billion, we have over 80 years of aviation experience and have completed over 1500 aircraft modifications in 35 countries. Within our land systems capability, we have designed, manufactured, delivered and supported more than 5000 tactical shelters in over 200 different configurations.
We currently have an opportunity within the Project Management team at our Advanced Composites Business at our Kirkbymoorside site, North Yorkshire.
The Deputy Project Manager is a key position with the team and will report day to day to the Project Manager and functionally to the Head of Programmes, supporting the management and delivery of assigned projects across a broad spectrum of business disciplines.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading team that is part of delivering change within a dynamic environment.
The successful candidates will have a career path structured towards delivering excellence and offering a route to attaining Registered Project Professional status.
* Operate from within the PMO developing knowledge of Project Management techniques and process
* Deploy to the business in support of bids and live projects to develop their operational experience in the planning and delivery of allocated tasks
* Act, where required, as the primary point of contact to the customer for delivery of the project in terms of cost, delivery and quality.
* Confident and diplomatic with an ability to create and foster working relationships internally and with customers
* Competent communicator (verbal & written briefs/reports/presentations) to manage both internal and external communications with management, customer and suppliers
* Self-motivated with the ability to produce accurate work under pressure while continuing to meet deadlines
* Willing to travel to customers/suppliers locally or overseas
* Operating knowledge and competence of Microsoft Office suite is essential
* Educated to degree level or equivalent through recent and relevant demonstrate experience
* Professionally recognised Project Management qualification would be advantageous but is not essential
Marshall ADG offers employees an attractive reward package. This comprises:
* Competitive base salary
* Discretionary bonus scheme
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Generous company pension scheme
* Access to a healthcare plan
* An excellent flexible benefit scheme
* Access to a discount scheme which offers substantial savings with a range of retailers, hotel chains, holiday companies etc.
This is a permanent role and Aeropeople are operating as an employment agency managing the recruitment services for Marshall ADG.