Duty Engineering Manager
• Must hold recognised Engineering HND or higher, or demonstrate previous experience within a Senior Engineering Role, with a minimum of 3 years Management Experience.
• This experience will have been gained within a Military Aircraft Maintenance Organisation or within a busy MRO/Airline Engineering Organisation.
• Experience of Working within a MAA MRP 145 or EASA (JAR) 145 Engineering Environment.
• Experience and knowledge of Maintenance Planning.
• Experience and knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM) principles.
• Health and Safety. (British Safety Council Level 2)
• Safety, Health and Environment within the workplace
• Aircraft delivery to Schedule and Cost
• Customer Satisfaction
The Delivery Manager is responsible to the Engineering Manager, for the provision of Engineering services in relation to hangar activities essential for production of all MRP Part 145 and MAA related processes and to meet all customers required contractual requirements.
Performance of the ‘Delivery’ function will be measured daily, monthly, and yearly against Key Performance Indicators created and agreed in consultation with the Accountable Manager and the Engineering Manager.
Team of 70 engineers
Must have great
Leadership and management skills
Extensive in leadership and management, commercial experience
Working closely with client, military squadron personal
• Developing and discharging Company Policy through delegation to appropriate deputies.
• Ensuring consistent Health and Safety and Quality standards across the areas where he/she holds responsibility.
• Managing Base and Line Engineering Operations, ensuring compliance with the requirements of Military Aviation Authority Regulations, DEFSTANs’ and all other Company requirements within his/her area of responsibility.
• Managing the implementation of Maintenance Schedules and Plans developed by the Support Manager for the Depth Maintenance Activity.
• Ensuring all engineering equipment and facilities are serviceable and maintained to a high standard of tidiness and cleanliness.
• Ensuring the safety and welfare of all subordinates.
• Reviewing staff training requirements in line with operational needs and staff development.
• Carrying out annual Personal Development Reviews for subordinates.
• Implementing corrective and preventative actions in a timely manner in response to departmental audits.
• Supporting and actively participating in the company’s continuous improvement process.
• Maintenance of department manuals.
• Ensure that maintenance is, at all times, appropriately certified and that records are retained in accordance with MRP Part 145 requirements.
• Responsible to the Engineering Manager for ensuring that all work is carried out in compliance with the current MRP Part 145 regulation and C Ratings approval, company & customer requirements, and where applicable, other United Kingdom regulatory authorities.
• Business performance - including accuracy and delivery to estimates, turn round time and on time completion performance and control of any outsourced work.
• Delivery to meet customer contractual requirements and on time performance.
• Effectiveness of communication and partnerships with customers and staff.
• Effective delivery of the company SPIRIT program.
For more information please contact Martyn Smith or Jo Rand at Protec Technical Ltd.