Job Title: Composite Curing Technician
Role Purpose: Produce cured composite components to drawing specification, meeting procedural guidelines and health and safety.
Key Authorities and Responsibilities:
- Cure structural, non structural and moulded panels using Autoclave, Heated Presses & Ovens
- Manual movement & loading of tooling using electric pallet stacker & Fork Lift Truck
- Preparation of tooling and associated equipment
- Assist with management of tooling area & computerised tool log
- Work in Extraction & Finishing areas to remove panels from tools & perform trim & finishing activities
- Flexible attitude to customer requirements
- Self Inspection
- Operate electrical Curing equipment, performing daily start & TPM activities
- Maintain paperwork to the required quality standards
- Produce composite components to required quality standards, drawing specification and procedural guidelines
- Operate plant equipment to procedure and health and safety guidelines.
- Maintenance and improvement of local lean and 5s initiatives
- Ability to read and understand basic engineering drawings and procedures
- Disciplined to follow & work to procedural requirements
- Experience of using various hand / air tools
- Knowledge of vacuum bagging techniques
- Computer Literate
Prime Working Relationships:
- Department supervisor.
- Operations Manager.
- CNC & Cleanroom Manufacturing area technicians/senior Ops/team Leader
- Must possess a positive can do attitude.
- Must have the ability to work without supervision in a multi functional team.
- Must be prepared to undertake all reasonable requests as determined by the business needs.
- Must implement and maintain a safe environment for employees and immediately raise
- Health & Safety concerns to management in compliance with the company Health & Safety procedure.
- Must be prepared to participate in business improvement initiatives when scheduled.
Expected to ensure the working department is clean and presentable at all times.
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.