Line Up Aviation is a world leader in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace professionals and has been operating for more than 28 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the very highest standard of applicants.
My client a market-leading supplier of advanced, ultra-reliable integrated systems for avionics, radar, surveillance and Satcom applications.
Senior Contracts Manager
The Senior Contracts Manager is a member of the Commercial and Contracts team and focuses on helping to secure new business opportunities in compliance with policies whilst also assisting with company secretarial duties.
- Analysing potential business opportunities and preparing responses to bids
- Supporting internal Phase Reviews/Approvals of existing contracts and new opportunities and ensuring that all required approvals are obtained prior to entering into a contract
- Preparing tender documentation and subcontracts
- Providing timely, reliable and accurate advice to business unit stakeholders regarding contractual obligations, Contracts Policy and Corporate Framework and developing innovative commercial solutions to help those stakeholders comply with these requirements
- Drafting and negotiating agreements with customers, suppliers and lessors whilst ensuring compliance with the clients policies, insurance requirements; confidentiality requirements; and ‘flow down’ requirements from customer contracts
- Assisting with the establishment and/or winding up of overseas legal entities
- Helping to meet the administration, reporting and record keeping requirements of legal entities within the client
- Assisting with the management of insurance requirements including updating the clients insurers on the business activities and assisting with annual insurance renewals
- Managing claims against the client and coordinating claims on behalf of the client
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience with UK MoD contractual requirements
- Experience with negotiating and advising on both simple and complex commercial contracts
- Experience of preparing tender documentation
- An advanced understanding of key contractual principles (eg contract formation, indemnities, consequential loss)
Good to Haves
- Experience with performing company secretarial duties
- A sound understanding of Export Control regulations including ITAR (Desirable)
- Strong computer literacy, including familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to influence and communicate and build effective relationships with customers, peers and more senior staff
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Based: Christchurch
- Salary: £84,000 + benefits
- Job type: Permanent
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Julie Hall
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency