Do you want to be an integral part of one of the world’s best Fast Jet Flying Centre? Work at a state of the art training facility with an established and successful organisation? If so, read on!
A brand new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Contract Support Manager to join Babcock International based at RAF Valley, Anglesey. The Hawk Contract Support Manager will report directly to the Contract Manager. They will own and maintain effective contract reporting tools and will ensure all processes utilised to manage the HIOS, AJT and MRMS contracts are aligned to the Babcock D&S Business Management System. They will also be the prime conduit for engagement with the RAF Valley BAES and Authority Facilities, IT and Security personnel in order to ensure the smooth delivery of new projects and support the wider management team in maintaining required clearances and accreditation.
The Contract Support Manger will work with the Hawk Performance Manager to deliver the Monthly Contracted Deliverable Requirements List and produce financial and commercial reports based on an analysis of the contract’s performance.
- Ensuring the management, analysis and reporting of contract performance
- Support the preparation of the contract budget on behalf of the Hawk CM, on both an Annual and Quarterly basis
- Managing compliance with all company financial and procurement policies and processes
- Ensuring operational plans are developed and implemented to ensure achievement of business objectives
- Accurate recording of resource expended to enable detailed recovery/reconciliation of costs
- Capturing the ongoing and change requirements of the customer and ensuring they are correctly reflected in the contracted position from concept to contract amendment
- Developing and assessing the financial impact of resourcing plans for all elements of contract delivery
- Preparing and delivering costed plans for changes to the contract and ensuring effective transition plans are in place and implemented
- Building and maintaining a framework for customer engagement across Hawk sites and associated services that supports both relationships and identifies opportunities for growth
- Managing issues and dependencies that impact on contract delivery progress
Technical Experience and Qualifications
- Engineering or Business Management (with engineering industry experience) degree qualified
- Proven success in working as part of a strong, multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience of building effective working relationships with a diverse stakeholder base
- Successful in building strong relationships with Divisional functions
- Owning defined projects and being accountable for their delivery on time
- Success in developing and managing project and resource plans
- Experience of developing and delivering management reports to board level
- Experience of preparing budgets and financial reports
- Experience in the fundamentals of delivering and sustaining performance improvement
- Experience of managing changes to customer demands and organisational flexibility
- Successful completion of a business graduate scheme with a FTSE 100
Understanding of the aviation environment
What's on offer?
Flexible benefits package
Excellent Work/Life Balance
Opportunity to be part of a fantastic Training Centre for Fast Jet Pilots
Successful applicants will be required to obtain UK MOD security clearance