Do you want to be an integral part of one of the world’s best Fast Jet Flying Centre? Work at a state of the art training facility with an established and successful organisation? If so, read on!
A brand new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Contract Manager to join Babcock International based at RAF Valley, Anglesey.The Hawk Contract Manager (CM) will report directly to General Manager Hawk & Cosford. The role will have direct responsibility for: the retention of approvals; quality and safety management systems; budget; CI; and contract delivery and financial performance. The Hawk CM will be responsible for the leadership and management of Babcock staff employed on the project and adherence to all applicable Babcock policies, processes and procedures, including safety.
The focus of the contract will be at RAF Valley and the CM will need to be based there accordingly. The post will also have Line Management responsibility for the Hawk Performance Manager, Hawk Contract Support Manager and Hawk Operations’ personnel at RAF Leeming, RNAS Culdrose and RNAS Yeovilton and so there will be a requirement for regular travel throughout the UK.
- The line management of Babcock staff employed on the contracts
- Ensuring that they and their staff display the behaviours and values of Being Babcock at all times
- Ensuring the workforces’ competence to safely and effectively meet all contracted requirements
- Ensuring that effective communication is maintained across a disparate organisation
- Developing and fostering strong customer relationships with the Station Commanders for units where Babcock Hawk/Adour personnel are based.
- Managing the contract resources to ensure the provision of sufficient personnel to meet the requirements of the HIOS and AJT Contracts on all sites and the timely and safe availability of Adour Mk151 engines.
- Ensuring the delivery and reporting of contract performance (including clarification of secondary task responsibilities for key roles such as the Finance Officer, Senior Contract Support Assistant and Single
- Ensuring sufficient, competent resource is available to sustain contracted outputs
- Resolving any issues or dependencies that impact progress
- Managing project and customer meetings and engagements to enable timely issue resolution
- P&L responsibility for the HIOS, AJT and Adour contracts
- Compiling, agreeing and managing the contract budget
- Managing compliance with all company financial and procurement policies and processes
- Ensuring operational plans are developed and implemented to ensure achievement of business objectives
Technical Experience and Qualifications
- Engineering or Business Management (with engineering industry experience) degree qualified
- Experience in leading the delivery of complex, engineering support programmes
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of aviation service delivery including engineering, flying, airfield operations and support services
- Proven success in building strong, multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven success in building strong relationships and improving customer satisfaction with senior customers, service users, regulators and key suppliers
- Success in managing a large P&L account and setting budgets
- Demonstrable success in the preparation of contract management reports and sustaining performance
- Building effective working relationships with divisional functional areas
- Experience in delivering and sustaining performance improvement, engineering standards and safety
- Experience of leading change in response to customer demands and organisational flexibility
- Excellent knowledge of the civil and military regulations governing the provision of aircraft maintenance and continuing airworthiness
- Chartered Engineer
- Experience with business performance management software and MS Office
What's on offer?
Flexible benefits package
Excellent Work/Life Balance
Opportunity to be part of a fantastic Training Centre for Fast Jet Pilots
Successful applicants will be required to obtain UK MOD security clearance