Component Repair Manager - Expired Jobs
This job expired on 27-08-2012
Browse Aviation Job Search by Region
Browse Aviation Job Search by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Workshop Engineer - Aviation Components 18 days ago
This role would suit someone with a few years experience, within an engineering workshop. Previous experience working within an aviation environment is essential. Hands on experience with Sea King...
Aircraft Composite Fitters with Helicopter Blade (repair) experience required for Hampshire 6 days ago
MPI are currently looking for Aircraft Composite Fitters with Helicopter Blade (repair) experience requiredfor Hampshire. Applicants must be time served and hold copies of their papers. Applicants ...
Repair Administrator 20 days ago
Excellent Opportunity for an experienced Repair Administrator to join this multinational and highly reputable Aviation company in their logistics dept. You will have good experience within the rep...
Repair Liaison Engineer 17 days ago
The Post of Repair Liaison Engineer (RLE) is to be based within the offices of the Marshall Forward Maintenance Team (FMT) at RAF Brize Norton, Oxfordshire. The Post reports directly into the Repai...
- 1. Responsible to the General Manager for the development of the Component Repair Department.
- 2. To develop component pre-inspection, inspection and repair processes and procedures adequate / necessary to comply with technical and regulatory requirements.
- 3. Responsible for ensuring currency of procedures through periodic updates. To undertake and implement capability development.
- 4. Assist in the establishment of a staff training program including Initial, on job, Corrective, and Continuation Training to ensure that staff is competent to perform the maintenance activity.
- 5. To provide technical support to component repair staff in the undertaking of Inspection and/or repair of engine components.
- 6. Co-ordinate work schedules and supervise staff activities to ensure an efficient operation.
- 7. To monitor and where necessary certify work has been accomplished in compliance with airworthiness and company requirements.
- 8. To advise on budgets for the provision of equipment, facilities, training and manpower, to ensure adequate resources, plant/equipment and competent staff are available to undertake the maintenance activity.
- 9. Assessment and/or development of tooling and fixturing (as defined by the OEM or acceptable alternatives) as needed to undertake the inspection / component repair maintenance activity.
- 10. To actively support, take part in and assist with process improvement activities, to promote continuous improvement.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 1. At least eight years working experience in the civil aviation industry in a component repair environment, conversant with detailed inspection, chemical and repair processes / skills.
- 2. Having previously held a position as an engineer in a component repair workshop.
- 3. Have a working knowledge of airworthiness regulations.
- 4. Conversant with engine and component repair manuals, technical publications and documentation control procedures.
- 5. Good command of written and spoken English is essential.
- 6. Familiar with process improvement techniques including Six Sigma, and Lean.
- 7. A Higher Certificate, Diploma (or equivalent) in a related technical subject.