5 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions
that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology
and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Industrial Solutions, part of GE Energy Connections, empowers smarter business operations by connecting
equipment, software and services to protect, control and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. The
business provides customers, across various industries, with end-to-end product and service solutions that help
ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure. Industrial Solutions’ product and service
solutions add to GE’s broader portfolio of leading technology solutions for the delivery, management, conversion
and optimization of electrical power for customers across multiple energy-intensive industries. To learn more,
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
Responsible for commercial operations process for the Industrial Solutions portfolio in the North West region.
The portfolio is including: development of deal strategies in conjunction with the regional sales team, coordination of proposal generation, definition of risk mitigation strategies, policies implementation, compliance (including R Process and T&Cs redlining / negotiation; Price Approval Matrix), preparation of slides and analysis for top management to support decision taking, Post Mortem calls, maintenance of SFDC opportunities (R-process, MoM, CM%, etc.).
The role requires strong leadership skills, strong knowledge of commercial processes, market economics, competitive issues, contractual expertise, technology, and projects as well as the ability to collaborate with and influence key decision makers.
In this position, he/she will:
* Own commercial operations process across entire IS portfolio including development of deal strategies, timely and accurate proposal generation, risk mitigation strategies and Policy 5.0 implementation and compliance to meet orders, margin, convertibility, and cash objectives
* Support development and growth of the proposals team, establishing team identity and positive culture to drive retention and growth
* Drive the R process from R0 to hand over of PO to the OTR team; including coordination of functions (Legal, Finance, Quotation, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Project Management, EHS, etc.) to deliver final proposal to customer, review & redlining of T&Cs when required, negotiation with customer on contractual clauses and obtaining deviation approvals as per latest EOA/DOA process
* Employ consistent deal review processes with the region sales, product management, and application engineering teams and lead risk assessment processes coordinating bid teams / functions (Legal, Finance, Quotation, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Project Management, EHS, etc.) to deliver wining quotes across the region independently of project size and/or characteristics
* Drive process consistency, manages, and improves regional operating metrics around offerings and productivity, including but not limited to, proposal throughput, cost/margin, efficiency, grow project pipeline & convertibility using SFDC and Hit Rate / Win Rate monitoring
* Identify opportunities for simplification and productivity and ensure coverage of targeted countries. Leverage SFDC to drive Comm. Ops. operating rhythm (R Process; DOA Approvals, etc.). Ensure proper action plans are put in place to mitigate risks and monitor possible back up / upsides solutions. Organize and document Post Mortem calls for targeted opportunities involving all relevant functions
* Support Sales team in opportunity development/assessment with customers and pricing strategy, leveraging prior proposals and information on market conditions
* Become a true business partner of the Sales Mgrs. of each of the 4 BUs (ES, PS, CS and Services) by understanding OP targets, joining team QMIs, identifying key opportunities to reach Orders target, provide support and advise, challenge Estimates and ultimately deliver Europe’s Regional Orders OP
* Interface with other GE businesses to increase IS penetration in new markets and leverage GE2GE, GE4GE and OneEM opportunities
* Drive continuous improvement activities in all areas of responsibility to improve operating performance
* Integrate the technical support team, including segment leaders, finance, product support, engineering, and others in the implementation of customer strategies
* Be responsible for simplifying how we do business, improving the customer experience, and enabling compliant growth through high performing commercial operations capabilities
* Provide leadership, coaching, and development to attract, retain, grow, and build a talent pipeline
* Develop culture of empowerment and commitment to our customer
* Legal background or proven expertise on contractual T&Cs (Terms
* Proficiency in Dutch language
* Strong process skills and understanding of business finance and terms and conditions
* Highly collaborative with effective teaming and problem solving abilities
* Demonstrated success in leading a matrix organization
* Proven ability to clearly communicate with technical and non-technical audiences in a complex org.
* Negotiation and sales skills and/or proven sales experience in closing large and complex contracts
* Legal background to support T&Cs negotiations and redlining with customers; Risk mgt. experience
* Customer-focused mindset w/ demonstrated ability to understand & respond quickly to customers
* Highly motivated to excel with an intrinsic drive for continuous improvement
* Highly organized & detailed, yet demonstrating flexibility in an ever-changing, fast scaling environment
* Strong executive level presentation, influencing and interpersonal skills
Locations: Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom; Haaksbergen, Barcelona, Leicester
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.