19 days ago
If you love the road less travelled, then you’ll love working at Jetstar, every step you take has the potential to advance Jetstar as the clear customer choice in value travel.
We currently have a great role for an experienced Manager to work with the Commercial and Aviation Relationships team for our Australia and New Zealand airline. This team is accountable for a significant portion of the airline’s cost base giving you the opportunity to bring your commercial acumen, negotiation skills and head for numbers to the fore.
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager Commercial & Aviation Relationships, this position is pivotal in assisting our airline to manage commercial relationships with Airports all across Australia and New Zealand (and a discrete number of other overseas airports), Air Services providers and other Commercial stakeholders.
The successful candidate will use their commercial and leadership talents to:
• Develop, maintain and lead strong working relationships with all aviation partners, ensuring that the pricing of airport services and provision of infrastructure supports Jetstar's near and long term business plans
• Support and influence the Networks and Scheduling team to drive optimal route profitability outcomes
• Provide quantitative analysis and scenario modelling to support negotiated outcomes; being able to evaluate the impact of change at a strategic level
• Work closely with Qantas colleagues to ensure optimal Group wide outcomes
At Jetstar we are looking for individuals that will make an impact on our business and have the following skills and experience:
• Proven experience in a commercial role in the Aviation or similar industry
• Extensive experience of negotiation and stakeholder management
• Prior experience of using analysis and analytical tools to drive results
• Experience with dealing with Infrastructure and property negotiations
• Experience in financial modelling including capital projects
• Some level of project management skills will be highly desirable
• Ability to drive ongoing team development and effectively manage senior relationships
• Ability to operate effectively under pressure and thrive in a fast paced environment
• Knowledge of the airline industry and the Australian domestic aviation market together with the relevant regulations affecting operations is highly preferable
• Comfortable making decisions and taking ownership of your work
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 200 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 4,200 flights a week to more than 80 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 120 aircraft. Our vision is to make the world more accessible, and our mission is to set the standard for everyday low fares, fun travel and great value.