Exciting PERMANENT Chief Inspector position!!!
Due to extensive expansion our aerospace client urgently requires an experienced Chief Inspector for their new site on the south coast of England.
The Chief Inspector will be solely responsible for the Quality Management Systems, making sure the customers' high quality requirements are met.
Purpose of Role:
* The Chief Inspector will ensure the QMS of the business are managed and maintained to compliance of all customer quality requirements & AS9100 (Latest Revision) certification.
* To ensure the quality and business objectives are achieved, improved and where failure is recorded, implement & manage corrective and preventative actions.
* To strictly monitor and maintain customer requirements in respect of product quality and metrics, providing corrective action and preventative solutions.
* Deputise all duties and responsibilities for the Quality Manager.
* To advise on resource- man/equipment/technology.
* To maintain an excellent level of product quality to customer expectations.
* Uphold company policies as documented in the Business Strategy.
* Ensure correct practise, legalities and responsibilities in respect of the QMS/H&S etc are maintained.
* Manage internal and external auditing activities.
* Initiate, manage and document all internal corrective actions to ensure robust Root Cause and Corrective Action is effective and production management is not compromised.
* Ensure product non conformity is communicated to the production engineers in a timely manner.
* Monitor performance of all direct manufacturing operatives (workshop daily patrol) in respect of quality and recommend training, or corrective action as appropriate to secure sales and performance objectives.
* Ensure employee training is identified, managed and documented accurately and timely.
* FIFO management, to ensure production flow to sales and production schedules.
* Provide by the first day of each month:
-Accurate PPT quality data
-Accurate PPM data in QM absence
* Prepare quality clinics.
* To fully support quality reviews, and ensure all RCCA are conducted on time and effectively.
* To support specific customer quality requirements in respect of inspection when requested.
* To engage the support of managers and supervisors in respect of product manufacture, the Quality Manager in respect of Quality Systems and the Planning Engineers in respect of processing documentation.
Measures of Performance:
* Reduction of non-conformance.
* Q Clinics and actions arising from the Q Clinics on time and effectively.
* Effective and timely corrective actions resulting from external audits.
* The effective implementation of continuous improvement initiatives where ownership is assigned.
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.