11 months ago
Our client, who is leader within the industry in providing Ground Handling Services are currently seeking Cargo Handlers for their premises located at Melbourne Airport – Tullamarine.
The positions are a permanent part time, based on minimum 20 hours per week over a 7 Day rotating roster. You must be flexible in working both weekends and public holidays to support the business operations and tight schedules. The client will offer a great working environment (including parking), remuneration and a fantastic opportunity to further a career within the industry.
Key Duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Preparing Cargo for flights
* Transferring Cargo
* Break down of cargo
* Forklift operation
* Loading and Unloading Aircraft's
* Manual Handling
* RF Scanning
* Data Entry
Successful applications must have the following skills and capabilities:
* Aviation and/or Freight Forwarding Experience but not essential
* Current ASIC or Current police check
* Minimum 2 year's Forklift experience
* Knowledge and awareness of Dangerous Goods and Safe Handling requirements
* High level of security awareness
* A Strong attention to detail
* To work within an autonomously, fast paced team environment, as well as work independently
* Meet strict deadlines
* Strong administration skills is a must
Great hourly rate plus loading and overtime if applicable. Evaluations will be overseen post three months.
Initially this will be a three month opportunity for the right candidate; with the possibility of extension alternatively this may lead to a permanent position within the organisation.
Suitable candidates will be required to undergo a Numeracy test prior to commencement followed by a Police Check as well as a minimum of 2 reference checks.