In this role you will be responsible for generating maximum cargo sales in order to meet or exceed the set revenue/tonnage target for stations and to provide customer service in sales and operational areas liaising with Ground Handling Agents (GHAs) at stations and with the cargo department at head office.
· Assist customers/clients with all information’s related to bookings/ forwarding/delivery liaising with local ground handling agents and with head office cargo department to ensure/enhance a satisfactory service provided by Qatar Airways (QR) Cargo.
· Distributing QR promotional items, circular, memos and announcements to the agents to provide information on QR products and services.
· Arrange and deliver necessary cargo stationery, forms and labels to ground handling agents (GHA) and appointed sales agents to have smooth handling and comply with regulations.
· Maintaining a close relationship with QR Space Control and customers ensuring their shipments are transferred and delivered on time.
· You will prepare the Monthly Marketing Report for the sales achieved at station and hand over to responsible person to capture information and monitor, take corrective actions to achieve the set sales/revenue targets for the year.About You
You must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a good command of the English language and strong inter-personal skills. You will have a minimum 5 years of work experience in the airline/airfreight industry, of which 3 to 4 years’ experience are required in cargo sales. cargo marketing, basic rating and DGR experience is also required, as well as an understanding of IATA/TACT regulations and their impact on sales.
You will be computer literate and familiar with MS Office applications (word, excel power point and access). You should be good in statistics and analysis and also be able to meet deadlines. Customer service and negotiation skills are also required.