About Your Job:
As a Cargo Safety Compliance Manager you will be responsible for managing the safety standards and ensuring compliance is always maintained within the Cargo network including staff, stakeholders and suppliers. You will be responsible to develop safety programme to promote the importance of safety within the cargo business and ensure all stakeholders and staff are engaged in it.
You will also be required to develop and implement a freighter safety plan to ensure all future growth has consistency of safety standards and implementation across the network.
Tactical & Operational Formulation
- To liaise and manage with the Ground Handling Agent (GHA) and conduct audits at stations, and ensure GHA training is reviewed and meets QR requirements. Responsible for assessing the safety performance measurement of all GHA suppliers.
- To ensure integration with the corporate safety teams strategy and objectives and full adherence to the company’s safety management systems, standards and requirements.
- Incorporate the cargo elements for Emergency Response including plans for freighter only stations, in conjunction with the corporate Emergency Response structure and procedures.
- Undertake risk assessments and introduce risk assessment structure with stakeholders including the freighter team, and align with corporate safety requirements.
- Manage all safety occurrences and review responses before submission to corporate safety
- Ensure delivery of all safety related KPI for cargo, including developing reporting programmes for management in cargo and corporate safety and review safety elements of audits to ensure they are relevant and updated.
- Ensure all cargo services manual changes are aligned with our safety programme and recommend best practices for safe and secure operations in accordance to airline best practices and standards, and keep updated on industry events and assess our standing against best industry practices.
- Implement procedural change and information to station for safety compliance.
- Issue Cargo Safety alert, provide inputs to the cargo newsletter, website and other communication as required.
- Develop “risk assessment” approach for key safety related matters including freighter special loads, standardize the procedures and how they are recorded.
- You will be the lead interface with Corporate on all Emergency Response Plan (ERP) activities including the development, rollout and maintenance of a freighter station specific plan and ensure all LERPs and cargo related inputs for ERP are reviewed and maintained on a regular basis.
- Maintain the budget activities for your key areas in Safety.
- Represent Cargo at internal and external safety meetings including GOSAG, FSAG etc.
To be successful, you will have a minimum Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent thereof, with a minimum of 7 years of experience in a Cargo Safety management, compliance and preventative measures. You must have proven expertise in ensuring compliance and Safety standards for a large Airline Cargo operations. You will be up to date with all necessary regulations, and good understanding of SGHA agreement clauses.
The ability to review, improve, revise and implement new processes and procedures should come naturally to you. You must be a very strong communicator, have a passion for Cargo security, and have the ability to work with several key stakeholders simultaneously