8 months ago
Location: Hong Kong
Reports to: Head of Cargo Revenue Management
The Cargo Revenue Manager, Planning & Analytics is a key member of the Cargo Revenue Management team. He or she will be responsible for setting our annual cargo revenue budget and producing periodic performance measures and forecasts, as well as providing analytical insight to facilitate business decisions that contribute to generating healthier revenues for Cathay Pacific.
* Commercial budgeting and forecasting
* Own the budget and forecast process for traffic volume, revenue and commercial cost.
* Build, manage and enhance various models to improve forecast accuracy.
* Commercial analytics
* Act as the business owner for the cargo decision support system.
* Responsible for the accuracy, timeliness and user-friendliness of commercial analytics.
* Prepare business performance updates and provide analytical insights to senior management.
* Lead the information-driven decision-making campaign and promote to the worldwide Cargo commercial team.
* Act as subject matter expert to contribute to other initiatives and projects requiring commercial analytics.
* Revenue protection
* Support the Chairs of the Revenue Protection Meeting to minimise revenue leakage from booking through to delivery, billing and collection.
* Coordinate with the relevant policy owners and stakeholders to identify the root cause and improve processes and systems to stop revenue leakage.
* People and team development
* Responsible for continuous productivity improvement through automating and streamlining processes.
* Develop the team’s capability to provide in-depth analysis and business insight.
* Minimum 8 years of relevant experience, including at least 5 years at supervisory level.
* Bachelor’s degree in an analytical discipline, such as business, science or engineering. Post-graduate qualification is preferred.
* Natural ability as a strategy implementer – act as the bridge between commercial and technical and sales and operations; must be equipped with good communication and presentation skills.
* Instinctively numerate – love numbers and, more importantly, be curious to understand the stories behind numbers and be able to drive behavioural improvement through numbers.
* Excellent research and benchmarking capabilities – conduct market research and competitive analysis with extensive experience in data collection, synthesis and documentation
* Strong leadership talent – be equipped with a “team player” attitude and spirit, and a natural ability to establish consensus among cross-functional lines.
Application deadline: 18 October 2017
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.